Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Help.. Noob Here...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 gamer21

gamer21

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:52 AM

i think i have downloaded a virus... the cause is I want to boost up my internet connection but now i dont believe in things like that anymore.. I downloaded 2 programs that I thought will boost up my internet.. its Activespeed and the one that you get at getfullspeed.com i think its called full speed.. my problem is that.. after ive run both those programs... my problem is after ive run both those programs, my taskbar appears then reappears.. The things that I found in my system files are rundll32.exe and gzmrotate.exe?? then I looked for those exe that starts up when i start up my computer and i found hid_start... i researched it and i can conclude that its a virus??? am I right??? can anybody help me??? even now I am typing this post my taskbar disappears and reappears... ive also tried to uninstall both applications.. first I uninstalled the activespeed... its then uninstalled then i uninstalled the "full speed" then after the uninstallation process the whole folder that it was placed was gone... i dont know where it went.. then i found multiple copies of that what you call "full speed" in different locations of my computer... i also researched those running applications in my comp and i found out that gzmsumthing is a malware... wahh.. I scanned my pc and found out 4 virus.. I used the application AVG.. the virus was detailed as "Virus found Lop" but i dont know what that means it was found on on some of the files of the other user profiles in my comp.. I think it came from that "internet connection booster" then i scanned my computer a couple more times but nothing was found but still as ive said a while ago my taskbar appears then disappears and vice versa... it all happened about 3 hours ago..

thanks.. any help will be appreciated..

Edited by boopme, 12 December 2007 - 09:28 AM.
{Move to more appropriate Form ~~bopme}

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:06 AM

Some instructions on how to remove Lop are given here.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:43 PM

I found in my system files...gzmrotate.exe

Anytime you come across a suspicious file which you cannot find any information, the file has a legitimate name but is not located where it is supposed to be, or you want a second opinion, submit it to jotti's virusscan or virustotal.com. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Post back with the results of the file analysis.

Also for LOP infections, please uninstall any of the following program(s) using Add/Remove Programs if they are present. They are often bundled with the malware causing your problems. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs highlight each one and select Remove.
Netpumper
BitRoll
Bitgrabber
CiD Help / CiD Manager
Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
Zone Media

If you removed any of these programs, reboot when done.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 gamer21

gamer21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:06 PM

Ive already done those things u have said but still my taskbar appears and disappears repeatedly

#5 gamer21

gamer21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:08 PM

and also whenever I open "my computer" it will open but after a few seconds it will close... its quit a relief that "my recycle bin" is still workin

#6 gamer21

gamer21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

is superantispyware program free??

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:06 PM

I have moved your Hijackthis log to the Misplaced HJT Logs forum. You posted your log in a forum not intended for these logs analysis and probably missed the directions we provide to those who require assistance.

Your log can be found here.

Please follow all directions that I posted as a reply to your log. Following these instructions will ensure that your hijackthis log is properly posted so it can be reviewed in a timely manner.

If you have any questions please respond in that thread. To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users