Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Starup Program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 elvis_j_s

elvis_j_s

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:58 AM

hi to everyone,

when i switch on my PC, during the startup to my laptop, it would open up "my document folder" automatically which mean i did not press anything..
is it anyway that i can slove this problem? thanks for the attention..

I have tried using autoruns and ProcessExplorer to check the starup program but i still could not know where is the problem. If this kind problem happend to posted before, pls give me link.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:22 AM

Try the fix at Kelly's Korner.

My Documents Folder Opens Upon Boot (for C:\) - #255 on the right.

Right click on it and save the .reg file to your desktop. Then, double click on the file icon (on your desktop) to merge it into your registry. You may need to reboot your computer for the changes to take affect.

With any fix like this you should create a new restore point and backup the registry first. For backing up the registry I like to use ERUNT.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 elvis_j_s

elvis_j_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:50 AM

Try the fix at Kelly's Korner.

My Documents Folder Opens Upon Boot (for C:\) - #255 on the right.

Right click on it and save the .reg file to your desktop. Then, double click on the file icon (on your desktop) to merge it into your registry. You may need to reboot your computer for the changes to take affect.

With any fix like this you should create a new restore point and backup the registry first. For backing up the registry I like to use ERUNT.

thanks, dude.. Problem solved. You are so knowledgeable..
Newbies here,May i know why would this kind of thing happend? also, how to determine my pc whthere is less registrian entries or more? Briefly explain what is the impacts of missing registration entiries?
For past few months, i hav been using CCleaner to clean the extra thing.. Is it advisable?
I look forward to seeing your ans..

Edited by elvis_j_s, 12 December 2007 - 09:51 AM.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:05 AM

Actually, I'm not really sure why it happened. It could be due to some corruption somewhere. These things just seem to happen. It's kind of like when your toaster makes perfect toast every morning for 5 years and then all of a sudden burns it one day. :thumbsup:

I really like CCleaner and I use it all the time. However, I do not recommend using the registry cleaner function (the second button from the top marked Registry). I'm sure many members of this forum would agree with me when I say that registry cleaners are likely to cause more harm than good and should be avoided all together.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 elvis_j_s

elvis_j_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:38 AM

thank for replies.. Lol for you example..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users