Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dim Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Delaine

Delaine

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

I have a laptop and when turning on tonight, The computer came on but, you could barely see the sign on screen. I couldn't even see the mouse as I was trying to sign on. I have a Dell Inspirion 2200.

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:08 AM

Sounds like an issue with the LCD display. I had a Winbook Pro a while ago with the very same problem. The LCD had to be replaced.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:17 PM

FWIW: You could test by just momentarily connecting a monitor to the laptop. If the same phenomenon happens, it's something other than the display screen itself.

Louis

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:19 PM

Like Louis said, try a separate monitor Lf that's OK, it's probably the back light or it's connection
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:34 AM

Yeah, my cousin has experienced the same problem and he had to get the screen replaced too. I told my cousin it was probably because he left his Laptop on all the time and I mean bassically about 20 hours each day so it spends more time being on than off(On top o that it wa sjust idle and did nothing but shwo the desktop). So, eventually after having left it on for so long everyday his screen had it and the computer was only 6 months old! Just goes to show why you should turn off your computer screen or just turn it off altogther.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users