Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Systemantec Antivirus Notification

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 buchaba

buchaba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:53 PM

I keep getting the following error message pop up on my screen. Any ideas how to fix it?

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Threat Found!
Threat: Trojan Horse
File: C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\SYMANTEC\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS CORPORATE EDITION\7.5\APTEMP\APQ8.TMP
Computer: THEEZGUYZ
User: SYSTEM
Action taken: Quarantine succeeded : Access denied
Date found: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 5:39:40 PM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:33 PM

If you are the administrator of the computer, permanently delete the quarantined files from the Symantec antivirus program.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 buchaba

buchaba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:39 PM

It's not letting me delete the files.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

Don't know much about Symantec. Is it password protected? Is this your personal computer not a business computer?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 buchaba

buchaba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

This is my personal computer and Symantec isn't password protected. I can locate the files but just can't delete them. It's very strange.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:25 PM

Are you looking in Symantec's quarantine? Or are you seeing the files elsewhere? Should be able to open Symantec and click on the quarantine tab or button. Then choose to permanently delete the quarantined files.
I noticed in your first post "quarantined succeeded : access denied" that is why I was wondering if it is password protected.
Like I said, I don't know much about how Symantec functions but here is another bump and hopefully one of the
members more familiar with Symantec will respond with a better answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users