Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mother Nature Sues Physicist

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:30 PM

UP - Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2008 - Mother Nature has filed a civil lawsuit against the Society of American Physicists for allegedly circumvening her copy protection methods on the universe.

"I was quite shocked to learn that there are thousands of these 'scientists' who do nothing all day but try to reverse engineer my intellectual property" Mother Nature stated in her complaint.

Lawyers for the physicists insist that their clients are merely trying to expand the knowledge of humanity and understand the wonder that is the universe; that they have no plans to copy Mother Nature's methods to create there own, competing, universe.

Mother Nature filed her suit under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act which prohibits the circumvention of copy protections. Her suit only targets those physicists within the United States but Mother Nature said she is contemplating legal action in other countries around the world. Germany, for instance, has a reputation for producing great physicists such as Albert Einstein. A spokesperson for Mother Nature declined to answer questions as to whether she would seek damages from Einstein's descendants.

The suit seeks damages of $755 per atom (or part thereof) that have been used, directly or indirectly, in the pursuit of "decompiling the universe."

The suit is Mother Nature Industries vs. Society of American Physicists, et al.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

The ultimate results of the suit won't matter -

the Chinese will not recognize the intellectual property or copy protection.

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users