Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Something Nasty?! Cutwail? Anserin?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Frasz

Frasz

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

Please be gentle with me as I'm no PC expert as I use a Mac, but my son's PC seems to be infected with something nasty! We have a home network where my Mac is hardwired into the router and 3 PCs have wireless connections. Recently our internet connection has been painfully slow and I can tell from the router next to me that there is lots of activity from one of the wireless connections. Basically 'something' seems to be continuously accessing the internet from my son's PC - to the extent that the only way that the rest of us in he house can use it is to disconnect him. All the PCs have PCguard (comes with our Virgin Broadband) protecting them and on his PC he frequently gets a message to say that 'cutwail' and 'anserin' cannot be deleted. In addition there was something called 'protector.exe' that was continually trying to get internet access and causing the hard drive to be continuously ticking away. When I blocked it trying to access the internet, the hard drive calmed down, but I could still tell that there was activity from wireless connection from the light flashing on the router and my connection slowed down to a stop. So far I have just cut him off so that at least I can try and figure out what's going on. I have a HijackThis log which is posted below. Apart from that I have no idea what to do next!! I can't really access stuff on the internet from his PC to try and sort this out, but I am able to download applications onto my Mac or one of ther other PCs in the house to transfer over if I need to run something else for further diagnosis.

Thanks - Frasz

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 21:51:35, on 11/12/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16544)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\fws.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\advisor\Broadbandadvisor.exe
C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\Rps.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcccoms.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\CapabilityManager.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CamTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\Generic.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Mobile Phone Monitor\epmworker.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/default....;l=en&s=gen
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0CF46468-AC82-9EC5-5B79-008AA7762D88} - C:\Program Files\Vzqetkup\yiikwalc.dll
O2 - BHO: Pop-Up Blocker BHO - {3C060EA2-E6A9-4E49-A530-D4657B8C449A} - C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\pkR.dll
O2 - BHO: Form Filler BHO - {56071E0D-C61B-11D3-B41C-00E02927A304} - C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\FBHR.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FED51DF2-9644-4C58-9104-90244EDD6EEC} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\urqromj.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLCCCATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SurfAnonymous] C:\Program Files\SurfAnonymous\SurfAnonymous.exe -1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee\SpamKiller\MSKDetct.exe /uninstall
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dlccmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadbandadvisor.exe] "C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\advisor\Broadbandadvisor.exe" /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCguard] "C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\Rps.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sony Ericsson PC Suite] "C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe" /startoptions
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [snavmdij] rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\ninmnalq\pcjgvqti.dll",Init
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kfkzsjmn] regsvr32 /u "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\kfkzsjmn.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avp] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\win8D.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative WebCam Tray] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CamTray.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uaol] "C:\WINDOWS\CROSOF~1\logonui.exe" -vt yazb
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: ipysp.dll
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: urqromj - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\urqromj.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winpdc32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winpdc32.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: dlcc_device - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcccoms.exe
O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Authentium, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: iPYSvc - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iPYSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: PCguard Firewall (RP_FWS) - Radialpoint Inc. - C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\fws.exe
O23 - Service: WLTRYSVC - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe

--
End of file - 9289 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:46 AM

Hello Frasz and welcome to BleepingComputer!

Apollogies for the delay. The forum has been very busy lately. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log.

Thanks,

Johannes

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#3 Frasz

Frasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

Hi Johannes - I've attached the latest log below. Additional info. is that I can't run Spybot as it stalls and if I try to run Ad-Aware 2007 it crashes the PC. I have tried to go to an earlier system restore point and I can't (also tried this from Safe Mode and it still won't restore). Have let it have another go at connecting to the internet and all is OK for a couple of minutes then it brings the whole connection down with this in the system event log "EventID 4226: TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." Almost at the point of a complete reformat unless you can help!!:

Scan saved at 17:50:13, on 16/12/2007
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574)

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\992ADFD8.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDSystemTray.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\UpdatePopUp.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/default....;l=en&s=gen
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0CF46468-AC82-9EC5-5B79-008AA7762D88} - C:\Program Files\Vzqetkup\yiikwalc.dll
O2 - BHO: Pop-Up Blocker BHO - {3C060EA2-E6A9-4E49-A530-D4657B8C449A} - C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\pkR.dll
O2 - BHO: Form Filler BHO - {56071E0D-C61B-11D3-B41C-00E02927A304} - C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\FBHR.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FED51DF2-9644-4C58-9104-90244EDD6EEC} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\urqromj.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLCCCATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee\SpamKiller\MSKDetct.exe /uninstall
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dlccmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadbandadvisor.exe] "C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\advisor\Broadbandadvisor.exe" /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sony Ericsson PC Suite] "C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe" /startoptions
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [snavmdij] rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\ninmnalq\pcjgvqti.dll",Init
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [s123dwe2] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\992ADFD8.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTraySD] C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDSystemTray.exe -AUTO
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SDAutoLiveupdate] C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\LiveUpdateSD.exe -AUTO
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative WebCam Tray] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CamTray.exe"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Authentium, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: iPYSvc - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iPYSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: PCguard Firewall (RP_FWS) - Radialpoint Inc. - C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\fws.exe
O23 - Service: SDService - Max Secure Software - C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDService.exe

--
End of file - 9322 bytes

#4 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:10 PM

Please note that comments are made in green, links are in red and important things are outlined by using the blue color.

Please also take note of the following:
  • I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Please give me some time to look over your log and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Johannes

Edited by Yourhighness, 16 December 2007 - 01:11 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:29 PM

Hey Frasz,

thanks for posting a fresh log.

Step #1

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. A malicious site could render Java content under older, vulnerable versions of Sun's software if the user has not removed them. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and save it to your desktop.
  • Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u3...allows end-users to run Java applications".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Read the License Agreement and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u3-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
Step #2

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. (This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only)Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Step #3

Please download ComboFix from here.
  • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results". (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.)
  • Close any open browsers
  • Double click ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you, combofix.txt. Post that log in your next reply together with a new HijackThis log
Note: Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Step #4

Please post back with the ComboFix log and a fresh HijackThis log. THanks.

Posted Image

#6 Frasz

Frasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

Hi Johannes - thanks for taking the time to help. I've carried out the steps you suggested and have attached the latest logs below as requested. In addition I have removed some parental control software that appeared to have become corrupted (which appeared in the original log as iPYSvc.exe (file missing).

Scan saved at 22:36:10, on 17/12/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O23 - Service: SDService - Max Secure Software - C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDService.exe

--
End of file - 8341 bytes

ComboFix 07-12-17.1 - Harry 2007-12-17 22:23:45.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.595 [GMT 0:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Desktop\Dad\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.\kfkzsjmn.dll
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\avatar.htm
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\bgfadel.gif
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\bgfader.gif
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\close.gif
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\common-x.css
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\common.css
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\cornerbl.gif
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\cornerbr.gif
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\htmlctrl.js
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\include.js
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\index.htm
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\loading.gif
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\login.htm
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\logo.gif
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\max.gif
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\min.gif
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\noflash.htm
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\spacer.gif
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\spacer.swf
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\unmax.gif
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\wardrobe.htm
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Avatar\COMMON\window.ico
C:\Program Files\SecCenter
C:\Program Files\SecCenter\scprot4.exe
C:\RECYCLER\RB2E.tmp
C:\RECYCLER\RB37.tmp
C:\RECYCLER\RBC9.tmp
C:\RECYCLER\RBF.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\crosof~1
C:\WINDOWS\crosof~1\??crosoft\
C:\WINDOWS\system32\6_exception.nls
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ip6fw.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fccayvv.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntio256.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\protector.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpdx.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayayvu.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\LEGACY_LDRSVC
-------\LEGACY_NTIO256
-------\LEGACY_RUNTIME
-------\xpdx

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-11-17 to 2007-12-17 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-12-17 22:12 . 2007-09-24 23:31 69,632 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\javacpl.cpl
2007-12-17 22:11 . 2007-12-17 22:11 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java
2007-12-17 19:18 . 2007-12-17 22:30 20 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\SDWormsToDelete.ini
2007-12-14 19:29 . 2007-12-14 19:29 153 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SDRemoveDB.db
2007-12-14 19:28 . 2007-12-17 19:18 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector
2007-12-14 19:28 . 2007-12-14 19:28 63 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system\SysSD.dll
2007-12-13 21:05 . 2007-12-13 21:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft
2007-12-13 20:46 . 2007-12-13 20:46 <DIR> d-------- C:\VundoFix Backups
2007-12-12 20:33 . 2007-12-13 19:47 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\RegCleaner
2007-12-12 19:15 . 2007-12-13 19:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2007-12-11 21:51 . 2007-12-11 21:51 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-12-11 17:55 . 2007-12-11 17:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\BT Voyager
2007-12-11 17:20 . 2005-09-23 08:29 626,688 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr80.dll
2007-12-10 22:00 . 2007-12-10 22:00 4,128 --a------ C:\INFCACHE.1
2007-12-09 22:02 . 2007-12-10 20:30 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd
2007-12-09 22:01 . 2007-12-09 22:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Vzqetkup
2007-12-09 22:00 . 2007-12-09 22:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\ninmnalq
2007-12-01 21:28 . 2007-12-01 21:28 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\3DO
2007-12-01 21:18 . 2007-12-01 21:26 <DIR> d--h----- C:\WINDOWS\msdownld.tmp
2007-11-30 15:31 . 2007-06-28 18:52 765,952 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xvidcore.dll
2007-11-30 15:31 . 2007-06-28 18:54 180,224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xvidvfw.dll
2007-11-30 15:31 . 2007-06-28 18:55 77,824 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xvid.ax
2007-11-25 20:18 . 2007-11-25 20:18 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson
2007-11-25 20:18 . 2007-11-25 20:18 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Teleca
2007-11-25 20:18 . 2007-11-25 20:18 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Ericsson
2007-11-25 20:15 . 2007-11-25 20:15 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Disc2Phone
2007-11-25 17:24 . 2007-12-10 18:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\YouTube Downloader

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2007-12-17 22:12 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Java
2007-12-17 19:09 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2007-12-15 20:04 159,180 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sthdae.log
2007-12-13 23:16 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software
2007-12-11 18:07 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\PestPatrol
2007-12-11 17:55 15,781 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mdc8021x.sys
2007-12-11 17:55 --------- d--h--w C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2007-12-10 15:53 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Dl_cats
2007-11-30 15:33 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\VideoLAN
2007-11-30 10:47 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\SoundSpectrum
2007-11-25 20:18 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared
2007-11-25 17:23 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\CinemaForgeLite
2007-11-25 17:19 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Arcade Box
2007-11-15 21:09 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Real
2007-11-15 21:09 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\xing shared
2007-11-15 21:09 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real
2007-11-13 10:25 20,480 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys
2007-11-11 15:54 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\iTunes
2007-11-11 15:54 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\iPod
2007-11-11 15:53 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2007-11-11 15:51 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2007-11-11 15:50 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
2007-11-11 15:50 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple
2007-11-08 20:43 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\OverTheEdge
2007-11-04 14:18 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Diablo II
2007-10-26 20:38 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Trymedia
2007-10-26 20:37 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\PopCap Games
2007-10-18 20:47 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader
2007-10-18 20:46 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Application Data\Orbit
2007-07-20 16:54 32 ----a-r C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\hash.dat
2007-02-12 20:52 63,048 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2006-12-20 20:50 251 ----a-w C:\Program Files\wt3d.ini
2006-06-21 06:54 25,600 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\usbsermptxp.sys
2006-06-21 06:54 22,768 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\usbsermpt.sys
2006-05-14 12:49 2,828 --sha-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{0CF46468-AC82-9EC5-5B79-008AA7762D88}]
2007-12-09 22:01 106496 --a------ C:\Program Files\Vzqetkup\yiikwalc.dll

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-10 04:00]
"DellSupport"="C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" [2004-07-19 06:51]
"Creative WebCam Tray"="C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CamTray.exe" [2005-10-27 17:00]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"DLCCCATS"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll" [2005-09-13 16:50]
"MSKDetectorExe"="C:\Program Files\McAfee\SpamKiller\MSKDetct.exe" [2005-07-12 18:05]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2005-06-10 09:44]
"ISUSPM Startup"="c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" [2005-06-10 09:44]
"igfxtray"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2005-10-14 12:49]
"igfxpers"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2005-10-14 12:50]
"igfxhkcmd"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2005-10-14 12:46]
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe" [2001-11-19 14:27]
"ehTray"="C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-09-29 13:01]
"dlccmon.exe"="C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe" [2005-10-20 18:40]
"DLA"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE" [2005-09-08 04:20]
"Adobe Photo Downloader"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe" [2005-06-06 22:46]
"Broadbandadvisor.exe"="C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\advisor\Broadbandadvisor.exe" [2007-01-24 13:12]
"PCguard"="C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\Rps.exe" [2007-01-24 17:53]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2007-10-19 20:16]
"iTunesHelper"="C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2007-11-02 18:36]
"TkBellExe"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2007-11-15 21:08]
"Sony Ericsson PC Suite"="C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe" [2005-10-26 16:17]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe" [2007-09-25 01:11]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"CTFMON.EXE"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE" [2004-08-10 04:00]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-23 22:05:26]
Microsoft Office.lnk - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-02-13 00:01:04]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"InstallVisualStyle"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles
"InstallTheme"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme

S2 ntio256;Input and output operations;C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntio256.sys []
S3 V0090VID;Creative WebCam Vista Plus;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\V0090Vid.sys [2005-04-14 00:00]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{361ac05d-0e0d-11da-9aa9-806d6172696f}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - E:\setup.exe

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2007-12-05 17:20:06 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"
- C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe

catchme 0.3.1333 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-12-17 22:31:40
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2007-12-17 22:34:01 - machine was rebooted
2007-12-17 19:32:44 --- E O F ---

#7 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:44 AM

Hey Frasz,

Please note that you are infected with a Backdoor / Backdoor Server.

Due to the status of some of the files you have on your computer, I strongly recommend that you do the following immediately:
  • Disconnect the infected computer from the internet until the computer can be cleaned.
  • From a clean computer, change your online passwords-- for email, for banks, eBay, forums etc.... (Do not change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information).
Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS.

Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall?

However, since the infection looks relatively small from first sight, I am happy to try and clean your PC (I am just providing you with the above information to underline the impact that can occur with files like these on your pc).

Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Now, on to the fix.

Step #1
  • Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the codebox below into it:

Folder::
    C:\Program Files\Vzqetkup
    C:\VundoFix Backups
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd
    C:\Program Files\ninmnalq

Registry::
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{0CF46468-AC82-9EC5-5B79-008AA7762D88}]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    "Local Page"=-
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE}]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949}]

Driver::
    ntio256
  • Save this as CFScript.txt

Posted Image
  • Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe
Step #2

Download rustbfix from here and save it to your desktop.
Double click on rustbfix.exe to run the tool.
If a Rustock.b-infection is found, you will shortly hereafter be asked to reboot the computer.
The reboot will probably take quite a while, and perhaps 2 reboots will be needed.
But this will happen automatically.
After the reboot 2 logfiles will open (C\avenger.txt & C\rustbfix\pelog.txt).
Post the content of these logfiles along with a new HijackThis log.

Step #3

Please run the F-Secure Online Scanner
(You need to use InternetExplorer or enable IEView in Firefox)
  • Follow the Instruction Here for installation.
  • Accept the License Agreement.
  • Once the ActiveX installs,Click Full System Scan
  • Once the download completes,the scan will begin automatically.
  • The scan will take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan completes, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button.
  • Click the Show Report button and Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Step #4

Please post back with a fresh HijackThis log, a fresh ComboFix log, the F-Secure Onlinescan and the C\avenger.txt & C\rustbfix\pelog.txt logs from the rustbfix. Thanks.

Posted Image

#8 Frasz

Frasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

Hi Johannes - the PC concerned has been 'quarantined' in my office since the problem started and so it has not been connected to the internet. Fortunately it is used soley by my son and so does not contain any sensitive data like bank account details, but I have explained the situation to him. So far I have run the latest ComboFix as requested along with the rustbfix.exe (which did not find anything). It is currently running the F-Secure Online Scanner which looks like it could take a while. I'll post back the logs when it has finished - if this isn't until very late I'll post back tomorrow evening.

Thanks so far - Frasz

#9 Frasz

Frasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:40 PM

OK - here are the logs, no C\avenger.txt or C\rustbfix\pelog.txt logs from the rustbfix were created:

ComboFix 07-12-17.1 - Harry 2007-12-19 20:37:50.2 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.636 [GMT 0:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Desktop\Dad\CFScript.txt
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Program Files\ninmnalq
C:\Program Files\ninmnalq\pcjgvqti.dll
C:\Program Files\Vzqetkup\yiikwalc.dll
C:\VundoFix Backups
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\bg1.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\bgtop.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\bottom1.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\essentials.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\icon1.ico
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\install1.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\left1.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\li.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\logo.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\main.htm
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\mainframe.htm
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\reinstall1.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\right1.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\s1.htm
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\s2.htm
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\s3.htm
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\SMTop1.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\SMTop2.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\SMTop3.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\SMTop4.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft1_off.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft1_off_ext.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft1_on.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft1_on_ext.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft2_off.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft2_off_ext.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft2_on.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft2_on_ext.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft3_off.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft3_off_ext.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft3_on.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\soft3_on_ext.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\softbottom_off.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\softbottom_on.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\softleft_off.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\softleft_on.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\Thumbs.db
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\top1.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\top2.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\turnoff1.gif
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nuinopsd\turnon1.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\ntio256

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-11-19 to 2007-12-19 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-12-17 22:12 . 2007-09-24 23:31 69,632 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\javacpl.cpl
2007-12-17 22:11 . 2007-12-17 22:11 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java
2007-12-17 19:18 . 2007-12-19 20:44 20 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\SDWormsToDelete.ini
2007-12-14 19:29 . 2007-12-14 19:29 153 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SDRemoveDB.db
2007-12-14 19:28 . 2007-12-17 19:18 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector
2007-12-14 19:28 . 2007-12-14 19:28 63 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system\SysSD.dll
2007-12-13 21:05 . 2007-12-13 21:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft
2007-12-12 20:33 . 2007-12-13 19:47 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\RegCleaner
2007-12-12 19:15 . 2007-12-13 19:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2007-12-11 21:51 . 2007-12-11 21:51 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2007-12-11 17:55 . 2007-12-11 17:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\BT Voyager
2007-12-11 17:20 . 2005-09-23 08:29 626,688 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr80.dll
2007-12-10 22:00 . 2007-12-10 22:00 4,128 --a------ C:\INFCACHE.1
2007-12-01 21:28 . 2007-12-01 21:28 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\3DO
2007-12-01 21:18 . 2007-12-01 21:26 <DIR> d--h----- C:\WINDOWS\msdownld.tmp
2007-11-30 15:31 . 2007-06-28 18:52 765,952 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xvidcore.dll
2007-11-30 15:31 . 2007-06-28 18:54 180,224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xvidvfw.dll
2007-11-30 15:31 . 2007-06-28 18:55 77,824 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\xvid.ax
2007-11-25 20:18 . 2007-11-25 20:18 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson
2007-11-25 20:18 . 2007-11-25 20:18 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Teleca
2007-11-25 20:18 . 2007-11-25 20:18 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Ericsson
2007-11-25 20:15 . 2007-11-25 20:15 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Disc2Phone
2007-11-25 17:24 . 2007-12-10 18:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\YouTube Downloader

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2007-12-17 22:12 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Java
2007-12-17 19:09 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2007-12-15 20:04 159,180 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sthdae.log
2007-12-13 23:16 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software
2007-12-11 18:07 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\PestPatrol
2007-12-11 17:55 15,781 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mdc8021x.sys
2007-12-11 17:55 --------- d--h--w C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2007-12-10 15:53 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Dl_cats
2007-11-30 15:33 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\VideoLAN
2007-11-30 10:47 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\SoundSpectrum
2007-11-25 20:18 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared
2007-11-25 17:23 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\CinemaForgeLite
2007-11-25 17:19 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Arcade Box
2007-11-15 21:09 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Real
2007-11-15 21:09 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\xing shared
2007-11-15 21:09 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real
2007-11-13 10:25 20,480 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys
2007-11-11 15:54 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\iTunes
2007-11-11 15:54 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\iPod
2007-11-11 15:53 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2007-11-11 15:51 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2007-11-11 15:50 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
2007-11-11 15:50 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple
2007-11-08 20:43 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\OverTheEdge
2007-11-04 14:18 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Diablo II
2007-10-26 20:38 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Trymedia
2007-10-26 20:37 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\PopCap Games
2007-07-20 16:54 32 ----a-r C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\hash.dat
2007-02-12 20:52 63,048 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2006-12-20 20:50 251 ----a-w C:\Program Files\wt3d.ini
2006-06-21 06:54 25,600 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\usbsermptxp.sys
2006-06-21 06:54 22,768 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\usbsermpt.sys
2006-05-14 12:49 2,828 --sha-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( snapshot@2007-12-17_22.33.27.57 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
- 2007-12-17 22:14:32 63,016 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfc009.dat
+ 2007-12-19 19:40:50 63,016 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfc009.dat
- 2007-12-17 22:14:32 402,406 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfh009.dat
+ 2007-12-19 19:40:50 402,406 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfh009.dat
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-10 04:00]
"DellSupport"="C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" [2004-07-19 06:51]
"Creative WebCam Tray"="C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CamTray.exe" [2005-10-27 17:00]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"DLCCCATS"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCCtime.dll" [2005-09-13 16:50]
"MSKDetectorExe"="C:\Program Files\McAfee\SpamKiller\MSKDetct.exe" [2005-07-12 18:05]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2005-06-10 09:44]
"ISUSPM Startup"="c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" [2005-06-10 09:44]
"igfxtray"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2005-10-14 12:49]
"igfxpers"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2005-10-14 12:50]
"igfxhkcmd"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2005-10-14 12:46]
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe" [2001-11-19 14:27]
"ehTray"="C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-09-29 13:01]
"dlccmon.exe"="C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 924\dlccmon.exe" [2005-10-20 18:40]
"DLA"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE" [2005-09-08 04:20]
"Adobe Photo Downloader"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe" [2005-06-06 22:46]
"Broadbandadvisor.exe"="C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\advisor\Broadbandadvisor.exe" [2007-01-24 13:12]
"PCguard"="C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\Rps.exe" [2007-01-24 17:53]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2007-10-19 20:16]
"iTunesHelper"="C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2007-11-02 18:36]
"TkBellExe"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2007-11-15 21:08]
"Sony Ericsson PC Suite"="C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe" [2005-10-26 16:17]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe" [2007-09-25 01:11]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"CTFMON.EXE"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE" [2004-08-10 04:00]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-23 22:05:26]
Microsoft Office.lnk - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-02-13 00:01:04]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"InstallVisualStyle"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles
"InstallTheme"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme

S3 V0090VID;Creative WebCam Vista Plus;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\V0090Vid.sys [2005-04-14 00:00]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{361ac05d-0e0d-11da-9aa9-806d6172696f}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - E:\setup.exe

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2007-12-05 17:20:06 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"
- C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe

catchme 0.3.1333 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-12-19 20:45:39
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2007-12-19 20:47:57 - machine was rebooted
C:\ComboFix2.txt ... 2007-12-17 22:34
2007-12-17 19:32:44 --- E O F ---

************************* Rustock.b-fix v. 1.01 -- By ejvindh *************************
19/12/2007 20:50:43.82

No Rustock.b-rootkits found

******************************* End of Logfile ********************************

Scanning Report
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 21:13:49 - 22:09:31

Computer name: D9DZR72J
Scanning type: Scan system for viruses, rootkits, spyware
Target: C:\
Result: 0 malware found
Statistics
Scanned:

* Files: 40758
* System: 5642
* Not scanned: 6

Actions:

* Disinfected: 0
* Renamed: 0
* Deleted: 0
* None: 0
* Submitted: 0

Files not scanned:

* C:\HIBERFIL.SYS
* C:\PAGEFILE.SYS
* C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT
* C:\WINDOWS\SOFTWAREDISTRIBUTION\EVENTCACHE\{688E5E40-86D8-44CA-8EBA-CC683DFE9A45}.BIN
* C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\DOCUMENTS\RECORDED TV\TEMPREC\TEMPSBE\MSDVRMM_3087739712_1117126656_17029
* C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\MICROSOFT\CRYPTO\RSA\MACHINEKEYS\3AD391678A806EC4D691E83AAA393B6F_24ADF822-76F7-4481-B30B-FF1B40F8687F

Options
Scanning engines:

* F-Secure Libra: 2.4.2, 2007-12-18
* F-Secure AVP: 7.0.171, 2007-12-19
* F-Secure Orion: 1.2.37, 2007-12-19
* F-Secure Blacklight: 1.0.64
* F-Secure Draco: 1.0.35, 0597-150-72
* F-Secure Pegasus: 1.19.0, 2007-11-10

Scanning options:

* Scan defined files: COM EXE SYS OV? BIN SCR DLL SHS HTM HTML HTT VBS JS INF VXD DO? XL? RTF CPL WIZ HTA PP? PWZ P?T MSO PIF . ACM ASP AX CNV CSC DRV INI MDB MPD MPP MPT OBD OBT OCX PCI TLB TSP WBK WBT WPC WSH VWP WML BOO HLP TD0 TT6 MSG ASD JSE VBE WSC CHM EML PRC SHB BAT LNK ANI AVB CEO CMD LSP MAP MHT MIF PDF PHP POT WMF NWS TAR TGZ WSF ZL? {* ZIP JAR ARJ LZH TAR TGZ GZ CAB RAR BZ2 HQXSWF
* Use Advanced heuristics

#10 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

Hey Frasz,

That the rustbfix didnt find anything is fine. It was just to make sure there are not any left overs of that infection on your machine.

You also didnt post a fresh HijackThis log, so please do that with your next reply.

Step #1

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky Webscan (You need to use InternetExplorer or enable IEView in Firefox)

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save Report as button >> name it >> chose "Text file" in the Save as type dialogue
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
Step #2

Please post back with the results from the Kaspersky Onlinescan and a fresh HijackThis log. Thanks.

Posted Image

#11 Frasz

Frasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:35 PM

Apologies for forgetting to attach the HijackThis log. I'm currently downloading the Kaspersky definitions on my son's PC but it's taking a while and will post back both logs when the scan is complete.

Frasz

#12 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:50 PM

Its fine. Take your time. I might be a bit delayed in my next reply as we have our company christmas party tomorrow and saturday will be another busy day. I will try to post back soon. We are making some good progress already :thumbsup:

Thanks. Johannes

Posted Image

#13 Frasz

Frasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

Hi Johannes - here are the latest logs. Enjoy your party if I don't hear back from you before!

Frasz

Scan saved at 22:05:20, on 20/12/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCguard] C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\Rps.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O16 - DPF: {0B79F48A-E8D6-11DB-9283-E25056D89593} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.1) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/d...can_unicode.cab

--
End of file - 8374 bytes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:01:21 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 20/12/2007
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 490757

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 239980
Number of viruses found: 14
Number of infected objects: 24
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 01:18:53

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\3ad391678a806ec4d691e83aaa393b6f_24adf822-76f7-4481-b30b-ff1b40f8687f Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\eHome\logs\ehRecvr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\2007-12-20_Log.ALUSchedulerSvc.LiveUpdate Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\07EE2E16.def Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.180Solutions.as skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\33957B48.exe Infected: not-a-virus:AdTool.Win32.WhenU.a skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\logs\FirewallService12-20-2007--18-06-12.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\logs\Fw_Session.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\logs\SafetyConsoleLog12-20-2007--18-07-33.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\logs\ServiceModel12-20-2007--18-07-22.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Recorded TV\TempRec\TempSBE\MSDVRMM_3087739712_1638400_22803 Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Recorded TV\TempRec\TempSBE\SBE1.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Recorded TV\TempRec\{E408D44A-51EE-4E1D-A9A1-06E670F8212F}.TmpSBE Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\drmstore.hds Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Application Data\Gtek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\DellSupport\DSAgnt.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Application Data\Teleca\Telecalib\Logging\Application logs\SpecificUSB_log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Application Data\Virgin Broadband\advisor\client_gateway.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Desktop\Dad\SmitfraudFix.exe/data.rar/SmitfraudFix/Reboot.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Desktop\Dad\SmitfraudFix.exe/data.rar Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Desktop\Dad\SmitfraudFix.exe RarSFX: infected - 2 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Morpheus\morpheustoolbar.exe Infected: not-a-virus:AdTool.Win32.MyWebSearch.bm skipped
C:\qoobox\Quarantine\C\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\kfkzsjmn.dll.vir Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.fed skipped
C:\qoobox\Quarantine\C\Program Files\ninmnalq\pcjgvqti.dll.vir Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.fec skipped
C:\qoobox\Quarantine\C\Program Files\Vzqetkup\yiikwalc.dll.vir Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.fed skipped
C:\qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\fccayvv.dll.vir Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bja skipped
C:\qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\yayayvu.dll.vir Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bja skipped
C:\qoobox\Quarantine\catchme2007-12-17_223128.25.zip/ntio256.sys Infected: Rootkit.Win32.Agent.cf skipped
C:\qoobox\Quarantine\catchme2007-12-17_223128.25.zip/xpdx.sys Infected: Trojan-Clicker.Win32.Costrat.cu skipped
C:\qoobox\Quarantine\catchme2007-12-17_223128.25.zip/protector.exe Infected: Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Wopla.ac skipped
C:\qoobox\Quarantine\catchme2007-12-17_223128.25.zip ZIP: infected - 3 skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP2\A0000006.sys Infected: Rootkit.Win32.Agent.pr skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP2\A0000007.dll Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.fed skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP2\A0000008.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bja skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP2\A0000009.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bja skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP3\A0000095.dll Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.fec skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP3\A0000096.dll Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Zlob.fed skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP3\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP447\A0096446.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP447\A0096447.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP447\A0096448.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP447\A0096449.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP447\A0096450.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP447\A0096451.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP485\A0109215.exe Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP485\A0109362.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.fvr skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP485\A0109363.exe Infected: Trojan-Clicker.Win32.Costrat.cv skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP485\A0109364.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Agent.djz skipped
C:\WINDOWS\CSC\00000001 Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Registration\{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}.{3AFD19D6-1A5C-40C7-972E-F880DB64D158}.crmlog Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Media Ce.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SOFTWARE Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\WUDF\WUDFTrace.etl Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

#14 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:32 PM

Hey Frasz,

thanks for that. Party was good and I got home at 3 am :thumbsup: .

Step #1

Run HijackThis, press Scan, and put a check mark next to all these entries:

Close all other windows and browsers, and press the Fix Checked button.

Step #2

Please navigate to and delete the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine <-- all files in that folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Desktop\Dad\SmitfraudFix.exe <-- this file
C:\Program Files\Morpheus\morpheustoolbar.exe <-- this file
rustbfix.exe <-- this file

Step #3
  • Now please navigate to: Start >> Run...
  • Type: Combofix /u and hit Enter
  • This will delete:
    • \Qoobox
    • \VundoFix Backups
    • \Deckard
    • \_OTMoveIt
    • %systemroot%\erdnt\subs
  • Also resets System Restore, re-hides system & hidden files, resets system clock and last but not least, hides the file extensions of known filetypes
Step #4

Please do another scan with the Kaspersky Onlinescan.

Step #5

Please post back with a fresh HijackThis log and the log from Kaspersky. Thanks.

Posted Image

#15 Frasz

Frasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

Hi Johannes - glad you enjoyed the party. I've attached the logs as requested. Still seems to be finding 3 infected restore files. As well as carrying out your instructions, after the first Kaspersky scan I manually deleted and reset System Restore and rescanned, but they're still there:

Scan saved at 21:18:33, on 22/12/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCguard] C:\Program Files\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\Rps.exe
O16 - DPF: {0B79F48A-E8D6-11DB-9283-E25056D89593} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.1) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/d...can_unicode.cab

--
End of file - 8165 bytes

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Saturday, December 22, 2007 9:18:17 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 22/12/2007
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 491787

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 238704
Number of viruses found: 3
Number of infected objects: 3
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 01:17:52

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\3ad391678a806ec4d691e83aaa393b6f_24adf822-76f7-4481-b30b-ff1b40f8687f Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\eHome\logs\ehRecvr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\2007-12-22_Log.ALUSchedulerSvc.LiveUpdate Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\logs\FirewallService12-22-2007--17-35-58.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\logs\Fw_Session.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\logs\SafetyConsoleLog12-22-2007--17-56-57.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Virgin Broadband\PCguard\logs\ServiceModel12-22-2007--17-56-57.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Recorded TV\TempRec\TempSBE\MSDVRMM_3087739712_811073536_12314 Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Recorded TV\TempRec\TempSBE\SBE1.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Recorded TV\TempRec\{C35E1C63-581C-4C7A-B953-96E9C753FAF7}.TmpSBE Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\drmstore.hds Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Application Data\Gtek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\DellSupport\DSAgnt.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Application Data\Teleca\Telecalib\Logging\Application logs\SpecificUSB_log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Application Data\Virgin Broadband\advisor\client_gateway.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012007122220071223\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Harry\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP6\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP447\A0096446.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP447\A0096447.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP447\A0096448.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP447\A0096449.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP447\A0096450.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP485\A0109362.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.fvr skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP485\A0109363.exe Infected: Trojan-Clicker.Win32.Costrat.cv skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}(2)\RP485\A0109364.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Agent.djz skipped
C:\WINDOWS\CSC\00000001 Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Registration\{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}.{4D61FA71-BBFF-4D5F-8F35-63D0676129EE}.crmlog Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Media Ce.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped