Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updated Virus Alerts: MyDoom Raised to High Alert

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:19 AM

The latest MyDoom worm, first spotted yesterday has been raised to a high alert warning by Computer Associates Virus Information Centre. February 21 2005 - by Will Sturgeon Several new worms were spotted in the wild yesterday including a variant of Sober, which has so far hit the radar screens of many major antivirus firms; a variant of Bropia; and the new MyDoom taking the total number of variants of that worm beyond 50. However, despite a flurry of activity two of the worms carry low-to-medium warnings, while the spread of the latest MyDoom has provided some cause for concern.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:03 PM

Additional Information:

Win32.Mydoom.BA

Edited by scarlett, 23 February 2005 - 12:03 PM.

Posted Image

#3 trickydick

trickydick

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:24 PM

Your link took me to CA where there is an option to scan, is it updated to detect this new virus?

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:09 AM

Sorry this took so long tricky. I can only assume that the scan @ CA would detect this. Since they have reported it.

Another option for you would be to check into whether or not your personal AntiVirus has the ability to detect it.

The best protection is to never, ever open an e-mail that you do not recognize. Immediatly delete them. And empty the trash.
Posted Image

#5 trickydick

trickydick

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:04 PM

The scan found nothing and my AV is Norton 2004 updated regularly. I follow that advice on emails and so far (knock on wood) I have been safe.

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:09 PM

:thumbsup: Good to hear that all is well. :flowers:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic