Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Finding Screen Names

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 krm41

krm41

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:05 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. I am desperate. I need to know if there is a place I can go to, possibly in the registry, or anywhere else, to find what screen names are being used on a computer. In the past two weeks, my boyfriend has started deleting everything after he gets off of the internet. I know he has an MSN account and I believe this is a secret Yahoo account according the cookies in the DAT file. We have been through this before. Please help me, I need this evidence! Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:21 PM

The easiest place to look is in the swap file.... I'll let you find the necessary software on your own.

#3 krm41

krm41
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:39 AM

When I look up swap file for XP, I find pagefile.sys. Is this correct? When I try to get into that file it says that it is a device driver file with no data. I can get the software if I can find the swap file. I appreciate your help so much! I have been with this man for 5 years and prior to me, this was his typical history with other women and here I am thinking I can be the one to change him...I already forgave him once...not again though. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users