Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone who has blackice...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jpbc9999

jpbc9999

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:43 AM

Who ever has blackice and knows how to use it I need help. It will not let aim open up. Im about to uninstall. How do I change settings so that aim can launch?????!!!!! This is rediculous. If you don't know exactly how to do it or are just generalizing...DONT bother replying. Treat it as if im computer illiterate. Its about 10 am. Im gonna give it two days before I uninstall to see if I cant fix it. Thanks.

Edited by jpbc9999, 23 February 2005 - 10:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:35 AM

Click on tools, then advanced application protection settings.

Click on the filename word at the top of the column to sort by the column name. Find aim.exe and make sure its not set to block or terminate for that process on any of the columns

#3 jpbc9999

jpbc9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:50 AM

Okay thanks. There must be something wrong with mine. I get there and it only has terminate for option...its not selected for aim. Theres and option to block too...but its seperate from terminate. Thats not checked either.

See I started it once [I m not sure what the problem was...I ran thebaseline so it shouldnta bugged me about anything] and it asked to allow or block...I accidentally check "dont ask again" and "block". Oops! :thumbsup: Now to open aim i gots to stop blackice engines.

This may be helpless...if you can think of anything else...lemmi know. I think tomorrow its time to start gettin money back from blackice. -joe

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:57 AM

I dont have it installed on my work computer so cant help you until tonight. if you do not hear from me by 8pm eastern, bump this topic so i get alerted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users