Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Resources

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarttiL

MarttiL

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:05 AM

Hi,

Every now and then when trying to save a Cad file I get the message
"Insufficient system resources exist" and the computer will not save
the file. When this occurs I can not either access our server, my
colleagues' computers however work properly so it is a local problem.
All this started a couple of weeks ago after having a lot of trouble
with malware. The malware problem was cured by installing various
anti-adware etc. programs. So now there still is this "system resources"
issue. Any ideas on what to do about it?

Thank You all,

/Martti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:13 AM

Does this happen with all CAD files or just one particular file? Or only large files? It may be that the computer does not have enough RAM available to open the file. Or perhaps the hard drive is nearly full.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:22 AM

Since you cannot access the server, I presume that you're trying to save the file to the server - which makes the "insufficient resources" the inaccessibility of the server.

I suspect that the malware has corrupted your network settings in some manner - dunno the exact fix, but it sounds like you'll have to spend a bunch of time to fix this problem. Since it's a work computer - that may not be possible. So a backup followed by a format and reinstall of Windows would probably be the most time-effective way of fixing the problem (although it is the "sledgehammer approach")

If you'd like to spend the time troubleshooting it, I'd start with more anti-malware scans. Here's some free, online scans to start with:
http://safety.live.com (requires Internet Explorer)
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users