Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp F380 Paper Jam?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 geochic77

geochic77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:17 AM

I had a paper jam which I successfully fixed. Though my F380 printer no longer displays an error code, my computer apparently still thinks there is a paper jam and will not print. How do I go about clearing the paper jam message I only get on my monitor? I have tried resetting the printer by powering it off, unplugging it, etc. to no avail. I'd really appreciate any advice to remedy this situation. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

Many printers/scanners use a photo-eye in order to determine if there is any paper stuck in the unit.

You need to locate where that sensor is and make certain it is not still activated and affecting the printing.

However, because the printer is saying all is OK, the best thing might be to delete the printer and then reinstall it again.

I hope this helps.

DR

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:10 PM

I would delete...unplug...reboot XP. I would unplug to force XP to recognize that the printer is not connected (does not exist), hence the error message is of no value.

Plug printer in, reinstall same.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users