Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sudden Blue Screen Reboot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 killahcheese

killahcheese

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:20 PM

Error
Stop: 0x0000000A (0XF7FD2F08, 0X000000002, 0X00000000, 0X804F8823

HP branded, but used a different XP Home install cause of PRIOR issues with instant reboots as well

XP Home SP2
HP Pavilion a630n
Motherboard: ASUS name: PTGD1-LA

Pent. 4 2.8Ghz
1.5 GB Ram (1GB Corsair Ram, 2 x 256meg RAM (Kingston) = (Originally only came with the 2 x 256meg RAM)
160 GB Seagate HD
256 Geforce 8600GTS (Originally a onboard video card)
PSU: [New] 480W Enermax with dual silent fan (Originally some crappy 320W No-Name Chinese one)

I had prior problems with this computer as it kept rebooting itself as well, without the blue screen though.
Now its happening again even though I have did a total format and have installed with a clean XP (non branded one).

The sudden blue screens don't have any pattern with them. Sometimes when I'm just trying to get to the login screen, it does it. Other times I'm trying to use firefox it does it. Sometimes when I am using WinRar it crashes. The pattern is totally not consistent

==============================
My assumptions is that it may be my RAM. But could drivers also be an issue?

Edited by killahcheese, 11 December 2007 - 12:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:18 AM

Drivers could be the problem.

Check your devices in Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter). Look for any ! or X symbols.

Testing the RAM wouldn't be a bad idea also. You can do this with memtest86.

More reading: Troubleshooting a Stop 0x0000000A error in Windows XP

Edited by Budapest, 11 December 2007 - 03:20 AM.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:15 AM

If the hard drive is SATA - HP has a different way of dealing with it than most others that I've seen. There's a setting in the BIOS that will set the mode for the SATA to be something like "IDE emulation". Could this be the issue?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 killahcheese

killahcheese
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

Well 'usasma'
the hard drive is what came with the HP computer.. so I don't think it should be the problem

I also have not seen any ! or ? in the device managers, so I'm going to assume all of them is installed properly.

Edited by killahcheese, 11 December 2007 - 12:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users