Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Js/psyme Virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 POYING

POYING

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:58 PM

Please help me get rid of this JS/Psyme Virus.My AVG FREE EDITION detects that I got JS/PSyme virus located in my temporary Internet FIles,every time I try to remove it AVG says ERROR While handling,something like that...Please tell me how to remove this virus, JS/Psyme.....I have tried downloading SUPERANTIspyware but it doesn't work the virus still there and my AVG FREE edition cant remove the virus....please tell me what to do.....I have tried to move the JS/PSYME Virus into a VIRUS VAULT, then I delete the virus there,then when i scanned again my AVG says no vo threats found....Now I notice when I log on to the internet and my Mozilla FIrefox browser just open by itself then open a page i don't know....please someone help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:57 AM

Have you tried running both scans from Safe Mode? Some malware cannot be remived while it is active and safe mode stops that. Try that and let us know.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,272 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:13 AM

JS/Psyme Trojan is a Java Script exploit detected in Temp Internet files.

Recommended Solution:
If your using Sun Java, follow the instructions for Clearing the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Cache.
If your using IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, or AOL, follow the instructions for Clearing your Web Browser Cache.

or you can download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. (This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only)Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,272 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:04 PM

Forgot to include that you need to search for and delete these files if found:
file.php
C:\sys%rnd%.exe (%rnd% is a random four digit number in the root directory)

#5 POYING

POYING
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:31 AM

THanks for the reply everyone...
I have tried to move the virus in a VIRUS VAULT using AVG free edition.
And it works I have moved it there..THen I click DELETE and it was deleted,then I try to SCAN again, the result says NO VIRUS FOUND...
CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THAT RESULT MEANS, THE VIRUS IS TOTALLY REMOVED...?

Quieteman, I have tried searching these files, file.php sys%rnd%.exe using SEARCH and the result says "THERE ARE NO RESULTS TO DISPLAY" .

THANKS EVERY ONE......

Edited by POYING, 23 December 2007 - 09:40 AM.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,272 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:23 AM

When an anti-virus quarantines a file by moving it into a virus vault (chest), that file is essentially disabled and prevented from causing any harm to your system. The quarantined file is safely held there and no longer a threat until you take action to delete it. One reason for doing this is to prevent deletion of a crucial file that may have been flagged as a "False Positive". If that is the case, then you can restore the file. Doing this also allows you to view and investigate the files while keeping them from harming your computer. Quarantine is just an added safety measure. When the file in the vault is known to be bad, you can delete it at any time.

If you were still infected, AVG would still be alerting you. Since there are no more problems or signs of infection, you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "OK".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users