Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KarlM

KarlM

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hi all!! My name is KarlM and as most I have come looking for help. I have several years basic computing experience but am in over my head trying to clean a friend's computer of Smithfraud (man it's a nasty program). I have it just about cleaned from following some of the other posts but will be posting the HJT log. Hopefully one of the resident experts will be kind of to point me in the right direction to finish it off.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer KarlM

Follow the instructions in this link
Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Then post the Log here, BleepingComputer.com > Security > HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal
by clicking NEW TOPIC, Paste the log and give the log a Title.
Please read the 'Pinned' topics in that section after you've posted.

Note:Blue wording are instructional links.

Good Luck
Boopme

Edited by boopme, 10 December 2007 - 09:15 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users