Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Erasing A Memory Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gillowig

gillowig

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:41 PM

Hi
I accidentally erased a photo from my camera's memory card. I had fiddled with special effects, then accidentally saved the special effect ("save changes to...") on my card which replaced my photo!!!! Is there anyway I can retrieve the photo? No, I idiotically did NOT save my photos to my computer. I was working off a mobile card reader on a USB port. HELP!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ~╬♣zmĒn♀Ēk~

~╬♣zmĒn♀Ēk~

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:56 PM

Without saving it to the computer first, i dunno. You could try a data recovery program, but i don't think that'll work, since they were overwritten on your memory card. Good-Luck, and sorry about your loss (i've done it SOOOO many times)...

#3 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:22 AM

It is unlikely that you can get the original back. Mabye the original is in a fodler saved as a temporary file somewhere in the program that you used to change it, or try open the image and see if you can add some effect to make it back or look similar to what it originally looked like. Good luck, I hope you get it back somehow! :thumbsup:

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:32 AM

Here's something that might recover some of your files:
PC Inspector Smart Recovery

PC Inspector Smart Recovery is a data recovery program for Flash Card, Smart Media, SONY Memory Stick, IBM Micro Drive, Multimedia Card, Secure Digital Card(SD) or any other data device for digital cameras. It enables you to recover accidentally deleted or formatted pictures, videos or sound files from the selected media. The program also offers a mode that enables you to check the media for errors.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users