Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repair Job Gone Bad-possible Mb Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 westislandbrewer

westislandbrewer

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

Hello,

I have a Toshiba P20 Notebook. The screen looked like a t.v. using rabbit ears with bad reception. i.e. moving lines and poor resolution. To resolve this I rebooted and sometimes it would work (screen appeared normal). However a few weeks later the problem would not go away no matter what I did. I decided to take it apart. I unplugged the screen and plugged it back in. Things have gone from bad to worse. Now the laptop seems to power up but there is absolutely no image on the screen except the backlight. I thought okay I must have really screwed up the lcd screen by unplugging and plugging it back in but I also don't get an image on an external screen using the blue video port. With this info can anyone suggest a course of action? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

P.S. Is this problem possibly related to the inverter? Is the inverter used in creating a video signal for the external video port? Or does it just govern the laptop lcd?

Kind Regards,

Philip Moogk

Edited by westislandbrewer, 10 December 2007 - 12:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RLI

RLI

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:53 PM

the onboard video card has died. new laptop is what you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users