Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Disappears!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lakshminarayanan

Lakshminarayanan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:33 AM

I have cleaned up my PC with Kaspersky and avast (separately of course) and hope I have gotten rid off whatever malware /trojans/adware etc. it might have had when I found the PC getting very slow.

When I still found the PC slow I tried repairing the O/S (i.e Windows XP) first. Still the slowness continued. Then I even backed up important files fron the O/S containg drive and reinstalled windows overwriting the older one. Now the problem is even worse.

The desktop icons start disappearing and reappearing a few times with a gap of 3/4 seconds and even when I try to navigate through by clicking on quickly it fails. After some time the desktop stops showing the icons altogether. Some times the internet works sometimes not (always on connection).

Should I simply format the O/S drive and reinstall or is there a better way?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users