Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control Panel Is Gone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dianeabelle

dianeabelle

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

All of a sudden, something keeps popping up on my pc, saying that my computer is making unauthorized copies of my files, and now my control panel is just gone. HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:48 PM

I cant really understand what is going on but you might want to give this one a try.

a) at RUN> type control panel

If nothing pops up, then try to be detail about the situation. Good luck. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:50 PM

Hi and welcome first follow the instructions in the BC tutorial
How To Remove Vundo/Winfixer Infection

Next download,install and update SUPERAntiSpyware , using the free Home version. After update close and Reboot into Safe Mode. Then open Super and perform a complete Scan of the C drive. Quarantine ALL items found. Close and reboot
Let us know how this went.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:32 AM

When done with boopme's instructions, if your using Win XP or 2000, please print out and follow the generic instructions for using "SmitfraudFix".
(If you have downloaded SmitfraudFix previously, please delete that version and download it again as the tool is frequently updated!)
-- If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, please move smitfraudFix.exe to the root of the system drive (usually C:\), and run it from there.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users