Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Friend Used Fixwareout, And It Caused A Loss Of Internet Connectivity!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Valygar222

Valygar222

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

Hi, my friend is having a serious problem with the program Fixwareout. The program was used on her computer
and it caused internet explorer and firefox to stop working. We tried a method on the web to clear the dns catch and mess around
with TCP/IP but nothing seems to be wrong with them; she seems to get assigned an IP address and her TCP/IP stack checks out,
she gets an ip address and sending a ping to the loopback checks out as well.
At this point i'm assuming that fixwareout tried to fix the malware in the pc and when it did it broke something in the registry that prevents
an internet connection. Right now the pc is not connected to the internet and the only access i have is through the phone with her at the pc.
Is there anyone that can suggest a good course of action? We think there was browser hijacking programs on the pc, perhaps amongst other things,
but it at least went on the internet before fixwareout was used. Is there anyway i can get her back on the net? I would post the reports generated by such programs as spybot s&d or fixwareout but unfortunately there is no way to get that information on the net. If anyone can help, thanks in advance

Nevermind, problem solved.

Edited by Valygar222, 10 December 2007 - 12:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:00 PM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users