Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Computer Company Like Asus Gigabyte Example Are Best?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 newn

newn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

so what computer compoany are best?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:47 PM

You'll find many different opinions on this. I'm an Asus kind of guy and haven't had many problems with them (but I haven't used an Asus board recently as I've been trying Gigabyte and Intel).

The Gigabyte and Intel boards weren't "certified" for Vista - but they were the best bet at the time I purchased them (Vista was still in beta). The Gigabyte board has some minor quirks - but they may not be the fault of the board, but rather the fault of Vista or the stuff that I've piled on it. I'm almost ready to ditch the Intel board because of Vista issues tho'.

Edited by usasma, 09 December 2007 - 06:49 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Guest_techpro5238_*

Guest_techpro5238_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:52 PM

Well really this depends on what you are meaning to do. Now I will NEVER recommend the Emachine brand as it is just VERY cheap. I will tell you now as a prediction, if you buy a Emachine then either your Motherboard or PSU will die, or even both.

Well here are my choices and my standards:

Dell - For the normal, non-enthusiast, person. The Dell BIOS was not built for a tech person, but more like for a person who will never touch the BIOS in their computing life.

Asus - For better then normal user, I would recommend this for normal use. Great computer manufacturer and I love the Gigabyte brand that you put above.

Alienware - For the best of the best computers, these bad boys are built towards video editing, high level gaming, and water cooling. If your doing major graphics work like with a 8800 GTX Graphics Card. Not for cheap people :huh:

I hope this answered your question :thumbsup:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

Well...that depends on what you mean by "computer company."

Unless you are talking about a whole system, rather than components, there is no valid comparison of ONE best company.

If talking about turnkey systems for users who don't want to know how anything works or who don't want to maintain/repair the system, Dell is probably a prudent choice, IMO.

All other components boil down to user personal preferences, I think. I've had motherboards and systems that many sneer at, but there's only one test for me (does it work?) and I can't really exclude anyone, using that criterion.

But :huh:...the comment about eMachines and PS failures is right on :thumbsup:. I'm surprised that Dell doesn't have more of those, considering that they tend to use the least powerful PS in their systems for the average customer.

Louis

#5 newn

newn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:29 AM

thanks. :thumbsup:

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:07 PM

Another to shy away from Is ECS or Elite Computer Systems. I have had good luck with MSI, Biostar, and gigabyte Boards myself. As mentioned above its a personal experience/preference. I so far have let online reviews, price and availability of the options I want dictate what I buy.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#7 bobert14

bobert14

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:04 PM

asus is good but there customer care is crap, i waited like 4 months for my replacement mobo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users