Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro Pc-cillin Internet Security 12 For Dell

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mushrabbit

Mushrabbit

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:54 PM

I recently had to battle a horrible case of Vundo/Virtumundo. Thanks to the HJT forum I'm running fine now.

I was very, very annoyed with Trend Micro. I subscribed to a two year service when I bought my Dell with PC-cillin Internet Security 12 preloaded.

I have automatic updates. I scan every day AND have real-time scan activated.

I sent Trend Micro a scathing email. Their response? Well, I should be running Internet Security version 14 and then I may not have had the problem.

Uhmmm, ok, I'm not real sure what the heck the updates everyday were doing if not keeping the software current... but... ok.

Here's the topic page they provided explaining how to update from the PC-cillin Internet Security 12 for Dell to the 14. My subscription is current and I'd kinda guess that would be important.

How do I install Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 14 for Dell?

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/viewxml.do?ContentID=EN-1033862&id=EN-1033862

When you get to installing this you get a message stating you have a prior version on your computer and they need to uninstall it. When you do that it tells you your subscription is current and are you sure you want to continue. That worried me... because I have a year left. I emailed and they responded and said yes to go ahead and then provided the instructions to transfer the serial number.

When you upgrade to Internet Security 14 it will carry over your license from Internet Security 12. Just re-enter your serial number.

To re-enter serial number:

1. Click Start>>>My Computer>>>Local disk C: or the C: drive
2. Go to Program Files folder>>>Trend Micro>>>Internet Security 14
3. Look for a file name pccupdsn.exe or pccupdsn (application file) Double Click on it.
4. Type in the Serial number. Click on Verify.
5. Open Main Console(Pc-cillin program)
6. Click on Updates And Registration
7. Click on Product License, Click on Register Now.

If this is in the wrong forum I apologize. This just seemed to fit best. And since Trend Micro did nothing to inform me this was available until AFTER I became infected... I figured I'd post here and maybe someone else won't have to suffer.

Edited by boopme, 10 December 2007 - 12:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users