Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office97

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pippincp

Pippincp

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:01 AM

I recently installed win98 to an old pc I have and although I dug out my office97 disc and have the cd key I can\t find the product key anywhere (I no longer have the case).
Is there any way to get it installed?

Thanks in advance

Pip

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:02 PM

Sorry, but trying to install office by bypassing the Product key would be a breach of the license agreement.
Legally, there's nothing you can do about it

Having re-read your post, I have a different answer. Sorry about that.

From your post, you say you have a CD Key. If that looks like JVBMK-XA231-t6ds8 etc, then that is what you type in the product key box when you install the program.

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Edited by tswsl1989, 10 December 2007 - 11:07 AM.

Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:09 PM

You can try Open Office. www.openoffice.org. Its free
Opens & writes word & excel file formats
High speed connection required for download as it is 120 meg
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:31 PM

I dug out my office97 disc and have the cd key

I have to be honest and say it's been quite some time since I installed an MS Product, much less something 10+ years old. But as far as I know as long as you have the key you are good to go.

I can\t find the product key anywhere (I no longer have the case).

I'm not sure what you mean by 'product key' and how that is different from the CD key you say you have in the previous quote. What is the need and purpose of the product key?

Is there any way to get it installed?

If you are missing vital information. And I'm not sure what that is yet from my two prior replies. I don't think you can legally. My suggestion is if you don't have all your information, move on to OpenOffice, to replace your Office97. OpenOffice is free. We cannot help you bypass copyright protection, even on an old MS application.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 The Zen Geek

The Zen Geek

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:15 PM

You can try Open Office. www.openoffice.org. Its free
Opens & writes word & excel file formats
High speed connection required for download as it is 120 meg

I agree. Go with Open Office as long as you meet the minimum requirements.

#6 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:14 AM

I'd rather open office over any microsoft product anyday :flowers:

unfortunatly I need to keep MS office for my school work :thumbsup:

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#7 jvsly3

jvsly3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:39 PM

I have the opposite problem. I don't have the CD Key but I have the Product ID. Do you know where I can find the CD Key? I've searched the internet for 4 hours and nothing. Did you get your problem resolved?

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

As stated in post number 4 by Animal, We cannot help you bypass copyright protection. Even if you are the legitimate owner of the program

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Topic is closed
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users