Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade? Yes Or No

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gasmith2

gasmith2

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:05 PM

Hey!

In my computer I have an Intel® Pentium® M Processor 2.00GHz 319MHz running with 512mb of Ram and an ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600 video card.

Do I need to upgrade any of these at this point in time?

I see that all the new computer have at least a gig of ram so I am thinking I should upgrade that. What do you think?

Thank you for your help! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:50 AM

Its a Labtop correct?

You would need to see what kind of motherboard you have and then you will be able to find out what type of processors you are able to upgrade to.

Ram 512 is kind of weak. Once again when you find out what motherboard you have you will be able to see how much RAM it can handle. Now a days 1gb is average but 2gb is what you want if it can handle it.

What type of comp and model number?
Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:55 AM

You can go to Crucial and use their system scanner tool which will report the number of expansion slots that your motherboard has, the number of modules and the amount of RAM for the slots that are populated, the maximum amount of RAM per slot, and suggest modules that will be compatible with you motherboard.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users