Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tv Hook-up To Video Card

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 shortyman

shortyman

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:06 PM

i recently upgraded my computer and bought a new video card as well. I am interested in hooking up a 20 inch LCD tv to run my computer off of and i was wondering if this is possible. My video card has a S-video port so i figured it would work but i just want to make sure before i buy the tv. Here is the link to the video card i have:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814121007

thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

Should do just fine

"High-Definition TV output for big screen gaming or presentation" From:
http://www.asus.com/products
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:07 AM

Just make sure that the video cables that you have will connect between the PC and the TV. It's a real PITA when you get home with the new TV and find you don't have the correct cables!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 haycg

haycg

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:42 AM

I haven't tries it yet but when I checked my Poloraid LCD TV it has a VGA (15 pin) connection.
That's the same as the Tower connection that go to my anolog monitor. You will need a cable with both ends having the same type connection is what I was told.

#5 shortyman

shortyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:44 PM

i bought a tv and made all the necessary hookups and it wont come up... i connected the tv and computer using an s-video coming out of the graphics card and it splits into composite video (green blue and red) and then hooked that into the tv.... its not working... what do i do?? the tv is a 24 inch tube tv so does this make a difference?? i wouldnt think it would... below is the link for the tv i bought

RCA 24" tube tv

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:45 PM

The adapter your using did that come with the video card? Does the TV have an S-video input that you could try instead of the analog?

Edit: You may have a problem because the Video card is outputting a Digital signal "Diversified displays connectivity (DVI, Dual VGA, HDTV-Out)" and your connecting to the TV through non digital inputs. Check your owners manual for the TV

Edited by Sneakycyber, 28 December 2007 - 01:49 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#7 Thelastleap

Thelastleap

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:06 PM

you have nothing to worry about it will do fine here are all the adaptors if you need any

http://www.svideo.com/sv3rca.html
Posted Image

Bleeping
Computer ROCKS!!!

Helped me get rid of Rogue software Anti-virus and taught me about virtualization I am grateful. :)

#8 shortyman

shortyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:42 PM

yes the adapter im using came with the video card....

#9 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:16 PM

Maybe try using just the vga or dvi as the output, that seems to work fine with my tv. Also, isn't red-green-blue component and not composite (just 1 yellow I thought). If you need a cheap cable, check out monoprice. It's probably the best kept secret when it comes to this stuff.

Posted Image

#10 shortyman

shortyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:19 PM

my tv doesnt have a vga or dvi input on it so i cant use those... it doesnt even have an s-video connection on it

#11 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:27 PM

Ah sorry, I thought that was you that responded about the vga, my mistake.

Posted Image

#12 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:16 PM

Have you tried turning down the resolution on the video card? According to your Owners manual one step to take if you are not receiving a display is to make sure the output is set to interlaced and not progressive scan. Also you will notice a button on your remote that is labeled Antennae and under marked DIG ANA make sure its set to Digital. I am sure the problem lies in the resolution since the card is designed for HDTV's which are capable of operating at native computer resolutions. Sadly the manual does not list the resolutions of the TV.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users