Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dkc1657

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:16 PM

I'm a teacher and a computer admin for a school. That means I teach all the computer classes in my school, maintain the network, do the purchasing, maintenance of hardware / software etc... (no I don't do this alone!)

I also have quite a personal interest in programming and have done many types of programming from CMOS chipset programming to database applications.

I'm hoping to get a few questions answered but also to contribute by offering some of my own answers. A big part of my role is troubleshooting other people's problems.

We run WinXP Pro on the clients, Server '03 on all the servers. At home I run a Ubuntu machine and a WinXP Pro machine.

My only question is that I'm having trouble with my Server '03 network roaming profiles. Basically when people log out of a machine, a local copy of their profile stays on the client. If I were to make changes to their profile on the server, when the login next to the same machine, it should see that their profile has been updated on the server and load the new profile settings, but instead it *sometimes* loads the local / old profile again. Then when the person logs out the old profile over-writes my changes. The solution has been to delete the local profile and force it to load the server profile when logging in. But the problem is if this person logged into a dozen computers, that old profile could be on a dozen different computers. What gives?

Anyways, I know this is an intro forum ... I'm not really looking for an answer as I've been just dealing with it for the past few years.

Thanks all!
Great website!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:33 PM

Hi, dkc1657.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:33 AM

Welcome to this friendly user community!
I hope you have some spare time, after troubleshooting computer problems, teaching, and maintaining your school's network, and of course just plain living, to lend a helping hand here.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users