Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cs Source Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soulshard

soulshard

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:27 PM

i used to have dsl internet and my speed was about 1.5 megabits i could connect to servers fine and i could refresh my list as well.. then i upgraded to comcast and am now getting around 5-6 megabits. ever since i got comcast, wenever i try to connect to a server, it gets stuck at Parsing Game Info with 3 progress bars. sometimes i can connect but rite wen i get into the server and hit ok on the MOTD so i can select my team, the game freezes and it says Warning: Connection Problem in the top rite corner. i also am having trouble refreshing my servers list. every time i refresh, 2-5 servers come up. i have tried reinstalling steam and re downloading source. this was happening with all of my steam games including team fortess 2, team fortress, counter strike 1.6, condition zero, half life 2 deathmatch and many more. then wen i go to play other games like gears of war or crysis, it works just fine and i can connect and refresh the servers. plzzz help mee!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slayertime

Slayertime

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

I am having the same exact problem. I went from DSL to Comcast High Speed and now i can't connect to Call of Duty 4, Counter Strike Source or Day of Defeat Source. I go through with the same problems as you. I also noticed my pings are really high in all my games but yet my speeds are still fast.

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

Check your firewall settings to make sure HL2.exe is allowed through.
MCP
MSDST

#4 soulshard

soulshard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

yeah i found the solution. comcast gives u a netgear router. this router does NOT work with games at all. u have to buy new equipment. the best thing to get is a linksys WRT54G router and any wireless stuff u need. that is what i did and it works.

#5 Slayertime

Slayertime

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

Ah yeah they did give me the Netgear one. Damn you comcast. I have a WRT54g Linksys router already. I will just hook that up then. Thanks for the help bud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users