Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What The Heck Is Crush Calculator

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kevinhj

Kevinhj

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:53 PM

i got this thing called crush calculator opening its own window explorer window as soon as i open a window this thing opens another window. is this some kind of infection or just spyware, malware. any help would be sweet :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CTH_Tom

CTH_Tom

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:03 PM

Are you talking about a window in Internet Explorer? If so copy the URL and paste it in a post. Curious to see what website it takes you to if that's what it is doing.
X

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:11 PM

Hello Kevinhj, this appears to be a legitimate download.

http://www.download.com/Crush-Calculator/3...4-10766409.html

So, see if you can remove it from the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs list.

Now the behavior you describe appears to be malware. The pop up screens and the malware can be putting that page up.
So after you Uninstall it (if existing,in Control Panel) then scan your PC with the free Home User version of this SUPERAntiSpyware
preferably run the scan from safe mode After you install and update it. Then delete/Quarantine all items found.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode

Run a scan with your Antivirus also and preferably run the scan from safe mode.
Let us know

Edited by boopme, 07 December 2007 - 07:13 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:42 PM

If so copy the URL and paste it in a post. Curious to see what website it takes you to if that's what it is doing.

Members should NEVER post live links to possible malware. That's a sure why to spread an infection if the link does indeed lead to malware.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:51 AM

CrushCalculator.com
Ever wanted to know who your friends' crushes are?
Ever wondered who your friend secretly likes? Is your girlfriend or boyfriend really true to you? With this website, you can finally find out.

How does it work?
You have to send an email to your friend saying that you tried a Love Calculator which worked very well for you and would like him/her to try it out too. In the email, you have to include a customized link to our "Love Calculator".

Now, the exciting part! At the "Love Calculator" webpage, your friend will be told to enter the names of his/her crushes so that we can make some predictions. As soon as your friend fills in his/her crush list, the names would automatically be mailed to you!
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users