Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Keyboard Problems, Can't Use/press Certain Keys.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 1sw33tgirl

1sw33tgirl

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:45 PM

Hi All,

I need help with my keyboard problems. I'm not a computer expert so it might be an easy fix but I don't know.

Here is what is happenning.

Whenever I use the "m", "k", "j", "u" and "a" key it's not typing.

For example, if I use the internet on internet explorer and trying to get into a website, let say hotmail.com, it allow my to type in the web address "hotmail.co" but not ".com" when I type in m at the end of "o" it erase all the "hotmail.co". Whenever I use the "k" key to type something, let say on yahoo search, when I type "k" it doesn't typed "k" but it goes into to web address instead. "j" does the same thing as "k". Whenever I use "u" it kind of not typed "u" but it jump into the "File" on internet explorer, or on any other software like MS word, etc. and it high light that part as if I use a command.

If on the desktop screen, I press the "m" or "u" key it will click on the name of a fold on the desktop.

Please help me with this problems. I can't use my computer at all because it doesn't allow my to use "k", "m", "j", "u" and "a".

I thank you for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:14 AM

OK, have you tried a different keyboard? Keyboards are really cheap nowadays and can be replaced for less than $20 with a real Microsoft or Logitech.

If that doesn't help, we need to look closer but that is the first question.

In the meantime, you can go to Start>All Programs>Accessibility>On-Screen Keyboard and use that to enter text. It's a pain but it does work.

DR

#3 1sw33tgirl

1sw33tgirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:34 PM

thank you it works. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users