Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Install Issue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 midget778

midget778

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

Alright here is the problem ive formatted my hdd then restart my computer keyboard and mouse found at start up and lets me press the any key to load the Install Dvd but once the dvd is at the Windows install menu mouse and keyboard stop responding there is no mouse cursor and keyboard commands dont work so i cant click next to get to the install now screen. And ive been trying to figure this out for 2 days now its frustrating me i never seen this problem before and its funny that itt worked before and that if i boot xp install cd they work and acronis boot cd it works just not the vista anymore. Please Help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

Are your keyboard and mouse USB devices or PS2 devices? If they're USB you'll have to ensure that you've got the USB legacy mode selected in the BIOS, and then one of the first things you'll have to do is to load the USB drivers for your motherboard.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 midget778

midget778
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

Yes it is enabled in the bios hmm ive tried ps/2 and usb keyboard and mouse and no go like i said before this worked before but not anymore if i boot that dvd on my other pc it works fine. but alright you said to try and load the drivers before the dvd how exacly would i do this can other hardware conflict with this i have a video card sound card and gigabit lan

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

It'll depend on the make and model of your computer - please let us know this so we can research the issue.

Also, what sort of Install DVD are you using? What does it say on the label?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 midget778

midget778
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:34 PM

Alright to be honest with you this problem happend right after i tried upgrading my video card i restarted my pc and then it said reboot pc with windows Vista CD/DVD and run windows repair alright so then i tried that and thats when i noticed no keyboard and mouse was working so i couldnt repair it. The i removed the new video card and re-inserted my previous video card and thought that would fix it it booted till the green status bar then rebooted my system and gave that same error reboot pc with windows Vista CD/DVD and run windows repair so i tried that again still the mouse and keyboard doesnt work so now im lost.
Vista and the Install dvd was working fine untill i did that

So then i backup everything to another HDD using acronis Diskdirector, So that i can start fresh and i formatted the Hard drive and now its still doing that.

if needed
System Specs
Asus P4P800-X
Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.4Ghz
OCZ EL Platinum PC3200 2GB DDR400 CL2-3-2-5
ATI Radeon X1600 512MB AGP tried to upgrade to Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB AGP
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 4
4x WD 250 GB HDD
2x Dvd Burners

#6 midget778

midget778
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:53 PM

Figure 2 Off of this link is where im stuck at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/system-restore-from-windows-vista-recovery-environment/ if it was working normally like before my mouse cursor would appear

#7 midget778

midget778
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:31 AM

Turns out formatting and reinstalling windows XP fixed the problem some how now the vista dvd works with mouse and keyboard again. strange product vista is.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:28 AM

I've seen issues with some motherboards that aren't Vista compatible. Nothing quite like this, but I've had some issues with my MSI motherboard (most driver related), and with the wife's Intel board (it has something to do with the chipset, SATA, and the Away feature of the later Intel chips).

I also suspect that there were some slight changes in the NTFS file system with Vista (but haven't confirmed it) that could theoretically cause similar issues. For example, if loading ntfs.sys causes the mobo to shift control of the devices to the file system that loads - and if the file system isn't compatible with the mobo's BIOS/construction - then it might not work. But this is just sheer guesswork on my part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users