Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me To Make This Network bleep Work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Razing Ryu

Razing Ryu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:23 AM

When i try to reach my server it fails. I tried RUN> \\server> enter it says "the network path wasn't found". Even if i try to reach from peer computer, it can't. How can i restablish the network.The net view command in cmd doesn't work either. HELP!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:13 AM

Well there are a few things that you will need to check before we will be able to give a full diagnosis of the issue.

Does Ping to the server work.
Does \\###.###.###.###\ where ###.###.###.### is the server ip address work.
Is this only from your machine or does it not connect via other machines also.
Is your machine connected on the same network sub net and have the correct Gateway address if the \\server is not a local device.

if you could provide as much info about your setup as possible I will see if I can help resolve the issue. Maybe screen shots from IPconfig and details of server setup and firewall settings. Also any info about the environment. Did it ever work and now stopped and has anything happened in the local setting before the issue occured.
Posted Image

#3 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:46 PM

First i would do is run the following command at the command line:

| Start >> Run >> cmd >> ipconfig /all |

That will help provide more information for troubleshooting.

Next, try to ping the loopback address 127.0.0.1 to verify whether or not your Local Machine can even send out any network traffic from your machine. Also, try pinging the server by name, then by IP address.

It may simply be a bad NIC or a bad cable (if you are on an Ethernet LAN). Check the NIC on the client machine to verify that there are activity LEDs that are lit up when the machine is powered on.

It could be configuration issues with the way the client machine is configured to receive or pull its IP address.

Is your client machine using DHCP to obtain its IP address?
Is your client machine configured to use a DHCP reserved IP address?
Is your client machine configured to use DHCP but unable to contact the DHCP server (this would be indicated with an APIPA address 169.xxx.xxx.xxx)?
Is your client machine configured to use a static IP address?

You will need to provide more information to determine where the communication breakdown is along the network. Start with a screen shot of the ipconfig command, that would help out tremendously. Also if you can open up your Network Connections applet, highlight the main connection (most likely LAN) so that the details can be seen and take a screen shot of that as well. Visuals would help direct the effort where you need to look.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users