Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How About We Try This......

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ~╬♣zmĒn♀Ēk~

~╬♣zmĒn♀Ēk~

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:19 PM

Ok, im bored and had an idea. How about we post a favorite "quote" of the day...... Preferably from our own minds (no quoting Mark Twain, or something of that nature) ...... I say this for a reason, and this is it (for the ones that are curious). I believe that putting our own selfs in juxtapositioning environments (by posting our own little quotes and catch phrases, maybe), we can learn about each other AND about ourselves. And maybe learn FROM each other as well? Hell, just a thought :thumbsup:

~ Quoted from the (insert adjective here) mind of ╬♣zmĒn♀Ēk ~

~Love isn't just something you say to reassure someone that you love them, that's too easy. It's an action, a feeling, a devotion that can't be expressed by mere words.~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:52 PM

Ozzy catch Phrase. "Give the Ferret a run". :thumbsup:

#3 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:42 AM

Aw, DSTM, I don't get it. Is that one of your crazy rhyming or word replacement puns? Now I'll to have to find some old pages I used to frequent that had lists of Ozzy slang.

Who cares if we're stuck for a few hours in the airport -- we're in China, for heaven's sake!
(Dialer to her sister who was whining about a long layover.)

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:30 AM

These are sayings which us Ozzies come across almost daily.I have English friends who Pm me and Email me and some of their everyday one liners,I haven't the faintest what they mean.Allways asking,what do you mean when you said such and such just then. All a foreign language to me.LOL.Maybe it would help if members quote one liners,which are common in their part of the world,to give an explanation. :thumbsup:

#5 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

I spent 5 of the happiest weeks of my life exploring Oz about 20 years ago and learned a bit about how fun-loving you all are. But I was definitely confused by the wordplay. :thumbsup:

Maybe it would help if members quote one liners,which are common in their part of the world,to give an explanation. :trumpet:

That sounds like fun, but of course nothing comes to mind at the moment. :flowers:

#6 JacksonT

JacksonT

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:57 PM

"Yes, I want to look back and know that I was terrible at a variety of things." - John Stewart

#7 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:20 AM

Who cares if we're stuck for a few hours in the airport -- we're in China, for heaven's sake!

LOL true. I spent my only visit to Japan on Tokyo airport for 8 hrs walking back and forth and spending my pocket money on japanese food stuffs I kept having to try out lol. I do think they ripped me off coz I paid with USDs (didnt find an exchange office) lol. Hope I ll make it there again, working for a japanese comp these days ^^.

Maybe it would help if members quote one liners,which are common in their part of the world,to give an explanation.

Can you elaborate what exactly you mean with that?

I got a farewell book from my ozzie friends with tidbits of Australia ^^. Lets see:

"Whether its the opening of the Parliament or the launch of a new art gallery, there is no Australian event that cannot be improved by a sausage sizzle".

From the "Basic guide to Aussie life for Johannes" from my friends :thumbsup:

Edited by Yourhighness, 08 December 2007 - 04:21 AM.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:24 AM

"You're too stupid to shop here, get out!" - usasma on a bad day at work :thumbsup:
Quoted frequently by my co-workers
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:52 AM

lol that reminds me of the douglas advertisement: "come in and find out" - elderly people seem to have translated it into "find your way in and find your way out" (atleast thats how i recall having read it in the news or something). I have to chuckle when I see a Douglas ad most of the time these days lol.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:09 PM

"You're too stupid to shop here, get out!" - usasma on a bad day at work :thumbsup:
Quoted frequently by my co-workers

I've got to ask-- How bad we're they? :flowers:
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:57 AM

Like the guy that wanted me to fix (in the store) his problem at home. He could no longer connect wirelessly - and he didn't have a cable connection nor a wireless router. And he still wanted me to fix it - even after I told him that he was leeching off his neighbor!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:03 AM

I've always liked "10 People can keep a secret if 9 of them are dead" :thumbsup:

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#13 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:07 AM

Here's one:

"I'd love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code!"

#14 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:23 AM

ok.......Fair Dinkum.
MCP
MSDST

#15 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the &quot;Logic Free Zone&quot;, in Md, USA

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:35 AM

I concocted acronym an number of years ago. It is pronounceable.

WITOIDRICSAS!

"When In Trouble Or In Doubt Run In Circles, Scream And Shout"

The story of how this acronym came about is too long and boring.
Suffice to say, I used to holler it out when a crew working for me became too edgy and needed a recall to reality.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users