Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 c3L

c3L

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:12 PM

ok ppl here i am again!! a couple days ago my computer crashed for some unknown reason and wouldnt let me boot in normal mode. a blue scrren would come up that said "windows protection error. please restart your computer. system halted" even when i restarted it would do the same thing. however i could still boot in safe mode. i couldnt use system restore but a guy at work told me to reinstall my graphics card (i had to change adapter in properties advanced settings) and now i can boot in normal mode and use the net. but now all these errors come up... mostly .dll errors like ddraw.dll when i try to open ares and other error to do with sound when i open winamp?? perhaps i need to reinstall my sound card too?? i reinstalled direct x from microsft but that wont install properly coz of sum other dll error?? im lost!! i dont know what to do from here so any help would be appreciated!!

sorry alos when i scanned with scan disk i had some cross linked files... i think it was bootlog.txt wif something else cant remember but htey were sharing data... i used scan disk to fix it but it said that i might lose some data?? dont know if this helps or not but im desperate!!

btw, i am running Win ME, on a p3, 1ghz computer.
any help would be great!!
thanx alot,
cel xxx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 preventiveguru

preventiveguru

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:54 PM

Hi,

First of all take a backup of all your important data. There may be few reasons for your issue.

1. Graphic card driver error
2. Memory problem
3. OS corruption

I don't know what is your technical knowledge of computers, but first go to control panel and see whether you have installed correct drivers for the graphic card.

If your computer has more than one memory card then try removing one by one and see.

I believe the main reason for the error is a software corruption.

Most probably you will have to format the hard drive and install Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users