Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Image Problem-not Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ambybambi

ambybambi

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:56 PM

At least I believe it's not the graphic card. Last night we watched a Shrek3 DVD on my computer. After the movie was done I went to use internet explorer and noticed the images were distorted and blurry, but not all of them. I restarted the computer and that didn't help. Turned the computer off for the night, hoped that a miracle would happen but no luck. Same problem today. Someone suggested to me to erase the cache and cookies. All that did was make ALL images blurry and distorted. Apparently the clear images I had earlier were just cookied pics. Then someone suggested that I go and uninstall the graphics driver. So I did that, and when it went to auto reinstall it couldn't update, so now I am having to DL my graphics driver from the website. (Bonus, I am on dialup right now, cable is down *sigh*.) But apparently the graphics card wasn't the problem because nothing with the images changed after it was uninstalled. They look the same, blurry distorted. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks so much. Amber :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:25 PM

Restart in safemode and see if the picture qulity improves. the size will be different, but I'm referring to the bluriness. Also check your refresh rate in the display properties. It might have somehow changed
Start>Control Panel and double click on Display. Click on the Settings tab then click on Advanced. Then click on Monitor and make the adjustment there
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users