Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pass-through To Usb Drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:54 PM

Let's say Computer#1 has a USB harddrive connected (it can be F:, G:, E: whatever Windows assigns, I do not want to assign a fixed letter for various reasons).

The external drive and several other folders are allowed to be shared on the local network.

What is needed in Computer#2 (or #1) so that files on that USB harddrive can be read and modified from Computer#2. The drive is visible in Windows Explorer, but the message talks about missing permissions, consequently, can't read and can't write while the standard file sharing works just fine between the two computers.

Is what I want even possible?

I recall, from long ago, that at work it was possible for pass-through commands to go to some printer attached to another computer, so how different is that process? Not that I remember how it was done :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users