Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Wireless Broadband Modem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AllorNone

AllorNone

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:35 PM

I connect to the internet on my desktop through my Verizon Novatel 720 USB Wireless Broadband Modem. It works just like a dial up modem except at broadband like speed. The drivers for the modem appear in device manager under the modem category (Novatel Wireless Expedite EV-DO Modem). I can connect to the internet through the VZAccess manager software that came with the 720 USB modem or I can set it up to connect as a regular Dial up connection. I would like to share this connection with the other computer on my home network. For my home network I use the Trendnet 54Mbps 802.11g Wireless Firewall Router (TEW-432BRP) and some of my computer are connected wired and wirelessly. I can share files with other computer on my home network but how can I share my USB broadband connection?

Home network set up

Desktop running Windows Vista Home premium, internet connection through 720 USB modem, Network (LAN) wired to the Trendnet Wireless Router.

Laptop running Windows Vista Home premium, Network (LAN) wirelessly connected to the Trendnet Wireless Router.

Desktop running Windows XP Pro, Network (LAN) wired to the Trendnet Wireless Router.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:43 AM

This article talks about Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) in Microsoft Windows XP. I just glanced at it briefly, it appears that you need two network adapters on the host machine [the one that will be sharing the connection] and a medium for the the client machine to connect to the host machine in order to share the Internet connection.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...126&sd=tech
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users