Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro Housecall Touble!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 trumpetman51

trumpetman51

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:30 PM

Hey there fellow geeks!!

I have used Trend Micro's Housecall many times in the past with no problem. Well, the last 3 or 4 times I have tried using it I have had a couple of difficulties with it.

The first was, after it completed it's scanning and showed that it had found malware, grayware, spyware (98 instances to be exact) and also found tracking cookies, I was NOT able to scan the list of the 98 mal, gray, spyware items to individually select what I wanted Housecall to do with them. Then, even when I simply told it to DELETE ALL, it just seemed to HANG UP and not proceed any further.

The second was that after the disappointing results from the first scan, I tried to run it again....this time it brought me to the screen where I should either ask it to scan my entire computer or select specific folders. When I selected "Scan Entire Computer" a message appeared telling me that I HAD NOT made any selection.

I have only been using Internet Explorer 7 for a short time and I am not 100% sure but it is possible that before today I had only used Housecall with IE 6. I can't think of any other reason why it has stopped working for me.

Does anyone here have any ideas or suggestions???

Thanks much!!

trumpetman51 (John)
"The right direction's all that counts and there's no way for me to get there late!!"

trumpetman51 (John)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users