Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Join The Domain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EL MAJE

EL MAJE

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hi guys,

I'm been having problems here at work trying to join a particular pc to our Domain...I already joined 5 pc's but this one
is giving this error..This system did not join the domain or workgroud originally specified by the user"

So, I try to change the domain manually...ask for my password ..I do have admin rights since I already join
the others pcs...and that didn't work..so I login as an Administrator ..try to change de domain and nothing...

Them I move the pc to other location just to see if it works ...no luck...is there another way to force this change??? or
a trick to change the domain???

Thank you all

Maje :thumbsup:

BTW I'm using XP Pro

Edited by boopme, 05 December 2007 - 10:33 PM.
{Moved to more appropriate forum~boopme}

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kyle

Kyle

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:42 AM

Hi.

Check the TCP/IP settings of the computer that's not joining to the domain and compare it to one of the other five computers that have been able to join the domain. Make a particular note of the Subnet Mask, Default gateway, DNS Server and WINS server (if required.)
Regards,
Kyle

#3 EL MAJE

EL MAJE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:10 PM

Hi.

Check the TCP/IP settings of the computer that's not joining to the domain and compare it to one of the other five computers that have been able to join the domain. Make a particular note of the Subnet Mask, Default gateway, DNS Server and WINS server (if required.)

Hi DjK,

Thank you for your advice...I'll look into that!!! :thumbsup:

#4 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:02 AM

This issue to me seems that you are the adminstrator but not a domain admin. I would guess that you have previously added a few machines to a domain before this point. If this is the case a user that is not Domain admin with Add to domain rights will be able to add 10 computers to the domain then it will stop you from being able to add anymore. I would say this is likely to be the case in your situation. Try adding the member to the domain using a different user account or assign the Domain rights to your user account in AD.
Posted Image

#5 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:52 PM

If you are not already a Domain Administrator for your organization and you do not know the user credentials for the Domain Administrator, then you will need to be granted the Permission to Add Computers to the domain by the Domain Administrator - they should be able to do this via the Delegation of Control Wizard, or your Domain User account needs to be added to the Domain Administrators Group in Active Directory.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

#6 EL MAJE

EL MAJE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:17 PM

Hi guys

Thank you for all your input, I finally Figure it Out what was the problem...the name that my coworker gave me for those
pc's they were wrong that's why both pc's couldn't login to the Domain...So what I did was to get new names for the right
domain and that work...

Thank you guys ..I really appreciate your help!!! :flowers:

Maje :thumbsup:

#7 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:13 PM

Sometimes its the simplest things that are the root cause of frustration... glad to know you got the issue resolved.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users