Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recover Lost Recycle Bin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kai_franz

kai_franz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:32 PM

I don't know how but the Recycle Bin's icon has been lost from my system.
I thought I was running Windows XP Pro however winver says I'm running Windows 5.1.
Your help in guiding me to restoration would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CTH_Tom

CTH_Tom

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:44 PM

See if this helps-
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810869
X

#3 kai_franz

kai_franz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:29 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Resolution method #2 is the procedure I intend to follow since I don't know the "TweakUI" program mentioned in method #1.
I do know that I didn't use a "Group Policy" setting to hide any icons (my wife and I are the only users here) so Method 3 isn't applicable in this case.

I'm going to read up on the Registry Editor before I attempt this because method 2 is a serious endeavor with possibly fatal consequences if I were to do something wrong - I'm a comparitive novice here.

The "Workaround" offerred seems easier to accomplish than method 2 but should I settle for those results?

I want to thank you for your suggestion and will reply to you with the results of my endeavor when I feel confident enough to actually execute method #2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users