Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound, Video Not Working Properly

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 farout1977

farout1977

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

I have a Gateway laptop that runs Windows Vista Home Basic. I purchased the laptop early in the summer and until recently I've had no issues. I can get NO sound from my computer at all. The volume is up and the mute is off. It doesn't even play the windows start up sound anymore. About two weeks ago, I turned it on and everything looked different. As if the screen resolution had been changed. I checked that and it was the same as I've always had it. My icons and fonts and look bigger and sort-of blurry and my screen looks ever so slightly compacted and stretched out. If i try to play video clips, it plays "jerky" or about 2 seconds at a time. The videos play like I have dial-up (even though I have a cable connection). They DL just as quickly, but they play slow. Can anyone offer any suggestions??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users