Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Center, Symantec And An Inability To Internet (and To Use Real Verbs)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lo_hairy_lee

lo_hairy_lee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

Yesteday, my internet decided to crap out completely. I can still connect to the router, and the internet works fine on this computer so i know all thats find, which leads me to believe it is something specifically wrong with the computer.

In a bid to find out what was going on, i opened the security center to find that norton was my current fire wall. News to me! I thought i uninstalled norton a long time ago, so i started to uninstall it, and low and behold... INTERNET!

Today, however, i cannot get any websites to load/sign into msn neither can i access the security center, it simply tells me it has failed to start when i click the icon in the control panel. Restarting fails to do anything at all.

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:32 PM

Run the Norton Removal Tool to get rid of any last remnants of Norton.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users