Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Won't Shut Off, Also Getting Redirects.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Neoloop

Neoloop

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:08 PM

So I've tried everything I can think of. I've scanned every forum I can find and followed every instruction as best I can. Problem is, half of the instruction is made under the assumption that you won't have a problem updating your virus scanners, or even running them in the first place. When I get error messages with installs, or scans, I can't follow those instructions.

But I've tried everything I know of.

I've removed just about everything from the startup list, I've used AVG V&S, AntiVir, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Ad-aware, McAfee (what a waste) that Stinger thing, and countless other failed scans.

Right now I can't get the computer to shut off when I try to restart. I have to manually power it off. That is annoying, but it wasn't an issue before. It hangs up at the "Windows is shutting down" screen and that is it.

Plus when I do get something up and scanned I find a bunch of viruses and remove them, but the next scan will find the same ones, or new ones, and the next scanner will find something completely different.

I don't want to wipe and reload. There are just too many programs on here... what else can I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:14 PM

Hello Neoloop,

Since you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed, since you have an open log posted.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users