Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unread e-mail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Angelo

Angelo

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:15 AM

Just wondering if anyone would know why when i log on to me profile (the profile page ) it says 1 unread e-mail. When i don't have any e-mails. I have completely emptied everything, re-started my computer and it always says 1 unread e-mail.

Anyone have any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 preventiveguru

preventiveguru

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:14 PM

Which email client software are you using? Outlook, Outlook express or something else?

#3 st0nedsk8er

st0nedsk8er

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:50 PM

check your bulk mail or junk mail..i usually miss those :thumbsup:

#4 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:15 PM

Hi Angelo, :thumbsup: to BC.
I am assuming you mean when you choose your profile from the Windows login screen and that you are using Windows XP. This is something that can happen on occasion where the mail count gets corrupted or "stuck."

The easiest way to correct this is download TweakUI from M$, install it and go to Repair and choose Repair unread mail count from the drop down box and push the Repair Now button.

Or, if you feel like doing it the hard way, open your registry editor and navigate to this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\your email address.
Once at that key just double-click on the Message Count key and set the value to 0, then click OK and close the registry editor.

My advice would be to download TweakUI and use that, messing with the registry is risky business if you don't know what you are doing.

Tweak UI is available for free from here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx
There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users