Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Enough Free Disk Space When Scanning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cullism

cullism

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:56 AM

I have been trying to scan photos using Arcsoft photostudio 5.5. It could be that the answer to my problem lies outside the actual software and has something to do with my settings. I use vista Business.

After I have scanned a couple of postcard sized photos I get the following message:

"There is not enough free disk space to complete the scan. Scanner driver will be closed. Code: 31,0,0"

I then run CCleaner, shut all other programs and even reboot, but the problem always reappears. I neve had this trouble with my earlier version of Photo Studio.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:05 PM

Maybe increase Virtual Memory...(Page File)

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#3 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:11 PM

Have you tried changing your scan settings? Could be that you're scanning at a much higher resolution than you actually need.

#4 cullism

cullism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:27 PM

I have tried everything with my scan settings. I usually scan at 300 dpi however the scanned image, which I would expect to be roughly 500x300 turns out to be more like 1600x1200 and the resolution is not 300 but rather 72. I can fix this later on in Elements 5.5 however I cannot seem to avoid getting that "not enough free space" message and havong the software close itself down.

I think it's the scanning process which is the problem, not the virtual memory. Everything else works ine.

#5 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:43 PM

It certainly sounds like a scanner issue, but you're not going to be able to improve the resolution in your graphics editor. I'd fiddle some more with the settings if I were you, and then maybe try reinstalling the software. Of course, someone who knows a lot more than I do might come by and make a much better suggestion.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users