Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 gfreed

gfreed

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:16 PM

I'm working with a friends computer via UltraVNC. It has adware that causes popups but will also change add banners and pictures to read that the computer has a virus and to get free virus removal software. Here are some of the program titles "Privacy Conductor, System Error Fixer."
I have run AVG, Spybot, Adaware, Combofix, CureIt, Fixwareout, Hijackthis. Found lots of bad stuff and deleted it all but this one virus or whatever it might be still remains.

I'm comfortable digging around in the registry so I can make reg changes without killing things. I will attach the log file from HijackThis and Combofix. I really interested in learning from this, i'm just glad its not my computer! Thanks for any info you all can give me on this problem!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:38 AM

Since you already started a new thread here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120774/a-problem-with-adware/
This thread is closed.
Also, it's not a good idea to attach your logs, because Helpers will rather ignore your thread because they can't see the info straight away. So please copy and paste the contents of your logs, do not attach them.

Thanks.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users