Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shutting Down Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oranznation

oranznation

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:37 PM

My computer has trouble shutting down. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit. For about a month now, it'll get all the way to the shutting down screen, then stay there all night. It used to be that if I manually logged off first, it would then shut down, but now it no longer shuts down unless I turn it off in the back. My other problem, is that whenever I have a dropdown menu, whether it is in the address bar of Mozilla, or the location bar of a folder, it just keeps blinking a lot. Also I have noticed a large decrease in the speed of my machine. Please I need some help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:44 PM

Is there an extensive amount of red x's in the reliability monitor? Its bundled with Administrative Tools in the Control Panel. This might help you pinpoint the problem.

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#3 jennifer.goldson

jennifer.goldson

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

My computer slowed down considerably when I installed Vista on it. I think Vista is just fundamentally flawed from the start.

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:32 AM

hi,,, do you mean you installed a new os on an xp machine,,,, vista needs alot more RAM than xp to run smoothly,,, on xp 1gig was recomended although 512 & 256 would work but it would be a bit slow & not very responsive,,, the same applyes to vista,,, 2gig is recomended although it will run with 1gig or 512 but once again there will be a big differance in proformance,,,, also i read somewhere that vista like's a high end processor like the core2 or the 2.5 GHz & up processors to run smoothley, but i dont know about that one as my friend has a pentium4,, 2.00GHz but with 2gig of ram and all works ok.
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users