Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU load

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 easycigarman39

easycigarman39

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:14 AM

I've been experimenting with a memory freeing program that seems to work quite well. After I run several programs and applications at once I can then free up a lot of memory without having to reboot. However, for some reason, the CPU usage meter still shows that the CPU is still being used a great deal (40-50%) as if I still had all of those programs engaged--this after I closed them all down. Is there a way to "free up" or get the CPU usage back to normal without having to reboot?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:20 PM

What processes are using all the cpu utilization?

#3 easycigarman39

easycigarman39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:38 PM

Since posting the original on the CPU usage "problem," the CPU usage meter shows low-percentage reading. There must have been a glitch or something when i noticed the meter much higher.

Can you tell me anything about "clearing the clipboard" as well as the "create ram cut"? I'm using FreeRam XP Pro if you're familiar with it.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:09 PM

Personally I am not a big believer in the ram freeing programs. I am not sure what you mean by "clearing the clipboard" as well as the "create ram cut". Is that an option in the program?

#5 easycigarman39

easycigarman39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:59 PM

Yes, they're options in the program. I have no idea either. I'll have to "google it" and see what might come up on those two things. I still find myself having to reboot only a little less often than usual with this memory freeing thing. I might do just as well with system monitor or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users