Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Fails

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SysTech Guy

SysTech Guy

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

There is a user on the network who is unable to use Outlook. I recently had to recreate her profile since XP was saving her files and folders onto the C: drive instead of folders within her profile in Documents and Settings.

So, I renamed her old profile and created the new one. I moved all of her docuemts and links and now I have to configure her Outlook client to connect to our email server.

When I launch Outlook while I am logged in as her, the installer window appears for a brief moment and then I get the message "The operation failed due to an installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall."

I restarted many times...still the same message.

As the admin, I tried "Repairing" Outlook through "Add REmove Programs" and nothing happens. Literally nothing...the window just blinks and that is it.

Also as the admin, I tried uninstalling the entire Microsoft Office suite and XP will not let me do that.

While logged in as the network admin, Outlook will launch when I click the icon. I check the permissions on the Program Files folder as well as Outlook and all Domain Users (who this user is apart of) have full permissions to the programs.

Can anyone help me with this issue. I have been on it a whole day to no avail.

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 04 December 2007 - 06:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users