Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fonts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 La Princess

La Princess

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:09 AM

Is it possible to add fonts to my computer? I have TONS of fonts I have had in a file at a host site I am leaving. I would rather have them on my pc, than at my new host site (all in one place).

Any help would be appreciated,

TYIA

La Princess .....still :flowers: here :thumbsup: ready for spring

Sorry if not the right place for this....I hope that I can figure this out soon..it shouldn't be difficult :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Talonaces

Talonaces

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:41 PM

Hi La Princess,

It is possible to add fonts to your computer as well as delete them. Depending on your OS you should have a "fonts" folder under C:/Windows or C:/WINNT. If you go to that folder you should see both .TTF and .FON files. The .TTF files are fonts that are not installed and the .FON files are fonts that are installed.

You can place all of your fonts in this folder. To install fonts all you need to do is go to control panel, double click fonts, then under file select 'Install new font'. Browse to select the folder your fonts are in and you should see all the fonts you placed there. Then just select the font you want to install and click ok.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#3 La Princess

La Princess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:49 PM

Thanks so much Talonaces will let you know....expecting company this evening :thumbsup: your help is much appreciated.

Thanks again,

La Princess

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:05 PM

Just remember, the more fonts you load, the slower your computer will boot.
Why not just put them on a disk?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users