Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is C\windows\system32\gcmrt.dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 irises

irises

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:03 PM

At Start up my Pc says C\Windows\system32\gcmrt.dll is missing. please tell me what this is...I googled it..I looked everywhere. Thank you so much for any help you can give me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CTH_Tom

CTH_Tom

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

Could be a leftover entry from a malware infection your AV or Spyware program caught and deleted.
You could search for the .dll on your computer and delete to the recycle bin. Leave in the recycle bin for a few days and see how your computer does without it.
X

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:01 PM

You sure you spelled that filename correctly? It's important to be accurate.

Louis

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:59 AM

Typically when you get a virus it makes an entry in your registry instructing your computer to run the virus every time you start. Your antivirus probably found the virus and deleted it, but this entry is still in your registry, which is why you are getting the error message. Using the AutoRuns utility you should be able to locate this entry and delete it.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users