Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Unable To Show Dual Display

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 msass

msass

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

One of my coworkers from another office has a Sony Vaio VGN-TXN15P laptop. He has used the external display feature with projectors before, and was able to see both the laptop display and projected display simultaneously. Recently he came to our office, plugged into the projector, and did the FN-F4 (or whichever function key it is on his, itís F4 on mine.) He did get the pop up that lets you choose between laptop display only, external display only, or both. (I think on some laptops that operates at the BIOS level, not in Windows.) He chose both. He got the external display, but the laptop display went black. We tried it a few more times, same thing Ė we could see the pop up on the projected display to make a choice, we chose the icon for both displays, but the laptop display stayed black. After disconnecting from the projector, we had to cold boot the laptop to recover the display. Has anyone else seen this sort of problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:17 AM

I have never worked with those intel chipsets and dual display, there's usually a clone or an extend option with nvidia or ati, somewhere they got turned off and the primary display got changed to the projector
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users